The un-HYPEd Thread

haveyoumetdustin

54 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

We've actually allowed the 2nd fewest rush yards in NFL thus far...

Wonder what the average per rush is though because I assume that its low because the Bucs have gotten ahead in both games which caused the other to pass more often.

EDIT: I actually looked it up and it isn't bad 3.6 which is good for about 6th best in a tie with others.

Edited by sryan66611
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We were as low as 32 on a lot of power rankings before the season started. We were 20 on these specific rankings last week.

I m hoping we start to see the defense start trending upward.  Mike Smith hasn't changed, but hopefully the kids in the secondary get better.  Everyone wants Whitehead to succeed and keep the job.  Buckner was a good hire and I m sure his philosophy is different then Hayes.  They got good pressure on Foles.  Big Ben likes to hold the ball, there will be opportunities to get to him.  

I think it was @indifference who made the point about the defense playing situational correctly in a game.  That didn't happen last year.  See examples of Buffalo and Carolina.

• Like 1

A little defensive HYPE

PFF (I know, I know) had two players from our SECONDARY on their team of the week.. Ryan Smith with a grade of 88.6 and Justin Evans with a grade of 88.9! 

Once Grimes gets back and we have Carlton, MJ, and a new and improved Smith covering teams 2s and 3s we should be looking a lot better. That Evans and Whitehead combo was looking nice too..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haveyoumetdustin said:

A little defensive HYPE

PFF (I know, I know) had two players from our SECONDARY on their team of the week.. Ryan Smith with a grade of 88.6 and Justin Evans with a grade of 88.9! 

Once Grimes gets back and we have Carlton, MJ, and a new and improved Smith covering teams 2s and 3s we should be looking a lot better. That Evans and Whitehead combo was looking nice too..

Fitzmagic has the highest QB grade over the first two weeks of a season ever. Almost perfect at 98.9.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

Elite player. Licht better extend him after the season or at the bye week. Think we did that with David and thats worked out. Marpet base salary will probably be huge 13mil if i had to guess.

He's gonna make lots and lots of money. Like @ravishingone said, we're gonna have to break out a signing bonus or three. No need to worry about getting out of this contract in two or three years.

• Like 2