The un-HYPEd Thread

haveyoumetdustin

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's gonna make lots and lots of money. Like @ravishingone said, we're gonna have to break out a signing bonus or three. No need to worry about getting out of this contract in two or three years.

Marpet and Kwon are going to probably get top 3 money at their position.  D Smith is interesting.  If the current regime survives the season, I think he gets a long term deal.  If there is a change, maybe franchise tag.  Smith may not be elite,  but 25 yr old tackles who don't miss games whether you think should play right instead of left tackle, doubtful any GM will just cut him loose.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Marpet and Kwon are going to probably get top 3 money at their position.  D Smith is interesting.  If the current regime survives the season, I think he gets a long term deal.  If there is a change, maybe franchise tag.  Smith may not be elite,  but 25 yr old tackles who don't miss games whether you think should play right instead of left tackle, doubtful any GM will just cut him loose.

Before the season started, I thought D Smith was a franchise tag target for sure. Lock him up one more year, live through contracts like JPP, Brate, and Dotson. Give him another year to elevate his play. Then extend him.

Now we don't have to wait for him to elevate his play. Dude's playing the best football of his career. ?

Just now, ravishingone said:

Amen, I feel bad for Minkah, he is actually making a smart business decision for himself and idiots act like trolls.  

I was bummed initially. I love the Fitzmagic train we're on. But not to the point I wished anything ill on Minkah or his family. That's ridiculous.

• Like 1

Brent Grimes AND Vita Vea back at practice today! 

Both are going to be huge additions to our starting lineup.. get Grimes back on team's #1s and our other CBs wont feel as much pressure. 

Get Vea in the middle of our new d-line and see how this group plays together at full strength. Every guy down there is going to command attention and we should keep building on all those QB hits we put on Foles last week. 

• Like 5

I love veas potential but I'm not expecting anything special from him the next month or so.  he needs to get in game shape and adjust to the speed of the game. optimistically he can help us and wreck some havok come December and the playoffs.

• Like 2