The un-HYPEd Thread

haveyoumetdustin

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

James has to be the frontrunner so far. And I don't know that it's close.

He prolly would be useless here anyway under Mike Smith. James will be a star in LA and we won’t have to play against him. I’ll be happy with 4-5 sacks from Vea and him playing at an above average level as a DT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Too bad Vea did his job, but the runner still bounced outside for a big gain.  I dont expect much from Vea this year because he missed so much time.  I dont think it is fair to call him a 2 down player at this point.  His athleticism is so much better then Danny Shelton.    DTs take awhile to develop and Sunday was a positive step.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, indifference said:

I need him to really turn it on. Derwin James is making his case for DPOTY early. 

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

James has to be the frontrunner so far. And I don't know that it's close.

I said during the draft he was the only player I really wanted the Bucs to draft.  Would have been a huge help right now and for the future.  Vea looks good though.  Man he threw some guys around in the bears game 

come on @bucsfan333, the Bucs need to make this happen.  Gruden likes Bucs players or they can trade another under achieving high draft pick for Conley.  

I hate to write this, but I think the Bucs defense gets better without Grimes.  The young guys aren t that good at off coverage.  Grimes isnt that good in press.  Easier to call a defense to the strengths of the majority of the secondary, then one vet.  One can dream.

**** it. Offer Grimes and a third/fourth. It couldn't hurt. Go all in with the secondary rebuild.

I'd rather have to make a decision on whether or not to keep one of Ryan Smith, VHIII, Davis, Stewart, or Conley on a second contract. 'Cause right now, it still looks like we're looking for help.

Throw as much **** at the wall as we can and hope something sticks.

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

**** it. Offer Grimes and a third/fourth. It couldn't hurt. Go all in with the secondary rebuild.

I'd rather have to make a decision on whether or not to keep one of Ryan Smith, VHIII, Davis, Stewart, or Conley on a second contract. 'Cause right now, it still looks like we're looking for help.

Throw as much **** at the wall as we can and hope something sticks.

I just think with Conley, it s low risk, high reward if he is available.  Grimes is the type of CB Smith prefers to play, the problem is the rest of the depth chart doesn't have Grimes attributes.  Asking a young secondary to sit 8 to 10 yards off the ball and figure out route combinations on what to jump or who to pass off is killing this defense.  Better off playing simple and fast at this point with the secondary.  Grimes is not the future to build the principles of coverage off his strengths doesn't make much sense. All that being written, I know Grimes is starting on Sunday,

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I just think with Conley, it s low risk, high reward if he is available.  Grimes is the type of CB Smith prefers to play, the problem is the rest of the depth chart doesn't have Grimes attributes.  Asking a young secondary to sit 8 to 10 yards off the ball and figure out route combinations on what to jump or who to pass off is killing this defense.  Better off playing simple and fast at this point with the secondary.  Grimes is not the future to build the principles of coverage off his strengths doesn't make much sense. All that being written, I know Grimes is starting on Sunday,

Like I said, it can't hurt.

And I agree. Might as well adjust the defense to all the other guys instead of playing for the ONE old guy that plays off.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Or this:

This is probably better. We both get rid of guys we've given up on that still have potential AND Gruden gets his plug and play vet he so loves.

On an unrelated note......going from Mack to Spence.....what a downgrade(if this trade was to happen lol)