The un-HYPEd Thread

haveyoumetdustin

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

ITs sad that these throws are money yet he can’t cut down on the stupid throws that costs games. 

I agree. He threads the needle in a mess of four defenders, falling away to the left. Like he did here. That's a throw ESPN and NFLN would slobber all over Aaron Rodgers for making.

Then he misses a wide open Howard earlier in the game for what might've been six and it's picked off.

It's crazy how inconsistent he is.

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I hope Buck was right when he said we've only gotten about 25% out of Vea. 

I understand the comparison to Danny Shelton, but his athleticism is so much better.  I think Buckner is right.  Sapp really wasn't Sapp until year 3.  Now, Vea will never be Sapp, but interior dlinemen generally take time to develop.  

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I understand the comparison to Danny Shelton, but his athleticism is so much better.  I think Buckner is right.  Sapp really wasn't Sapp until year 3.  Now, Vea will never be Sapp, but interior dlinemen generally take time to develop.  

They take him off the field on third downs though. It makes me mad thinking we’ve invested a top pick for a 2 down lineman.

23 minutes ago, indifference said:

They take him off the field on third downs though. It makes me mad thinking we’ve invested a top pick for a 2 down lineman.

To be fair, he's only played a few games in the NFL. He missed the preseason and a big chunk of camp. He's still really far behind.

21 minutes ago, indifference said:

Well, he is only playing not even 50 % of the snaps yet.  In fairness, how much should we expect  a rookie who missed all of training camp to play?  Joey Bosa seems to be the exception not the rule.  Asking Will Gholston to hold up at DT unless it is 3rd down as we have seen doesn't yield great results. And the new guy off the street, who knows.  I know what you are getting at and it may ultimately come to fruition.  I m just suggesting a little patience and see how the rest of the year plays out.