BDL 2018 Week 2 - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

ny92mike

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Ivory Coast Black Rhinos
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2018 at 04:00 PM

BDL 2018 Week 2

Match:  Ivory Coast Black Rhinos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

Away Owner:  @RuskieTitan

Home Owner:  @Ragnarok

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good Luck

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Lineup:

Offense

QB- Andrew Luck
RB- Marshawn Lynch
WR- Brandin Cooks
WR- Robby Anderson
WR- J.J. Nelson
TE- Vernon Davis
LT- Eric Fisher
LG- Kyle Long
C- Jason Kelce
RG- Zack Martin 
RT- Rick Wagner

-----------------------------
QB- Marcus Mariota
RB- C.J. Anderson
RB- Jalen Richard
RB-  Samaje Perine
WR- Devin Smith
TE- Vernon Davis
OL- Dion Dawkins
OL- Jake Fisher

Defense

DE- Myles Garrett
3T- Maurice Hurst
NT- Dontari Poe
DE- Khalil Mack
MLB- Derrick Johnson
WLB- Kwon Alexander
CB- Tre'Davious White
CB- Malcolm Butler
NCB- Adoree' Jackson
S- Earl Thomas
S- Devin McCourty

-------------------------------------

SLB- Wesley Woodyard
CB- Cameron Sutton
DE- Jordan Willis
NT- Da'Ron Payne
DT- Robert Nkemdiche
OLB- Mark Barron
S- Tony Jefferson

Berlin Blitzkrieg Lineup

Offense

QB - Case Keenum
RB - Lamar Miller
TE - Trey Burton
TE - Kyle Rudolph
WR - Tyreek Hill
WR - DeSean Jackson
LT - Trent Williams
LG - Justin Pugh
C - Corey Linsley
RG - Gabe Jackson
RT - Ja’wuan James

RB - Corey Clement
WR - Kenny Golladay
WR - Will Fuller
WR - Chris Godwin
WR - J’Mon Moore
WR - MVS
OT - Kolton Miller
OL - Taylor Moton

Defense

Edge - DeMarcus Lawrence
DT - Mike Daniels
NT - Brandon Williams
Edge - Justin Houston
LB - Tremaine Edmunds
LB - Ja’Whaun Bentley
CB - Ronald Darby
CB - Gareon Conley
Slot - AJ Bouye
S - Haha Clinton-Dix
S - Damontae Kazee

Edge - Lorenzo Carter
Edge - Trey Hendrickson
Edge/INT - Deatrich Wise
INT - Davon Godchaux
LB - Kiko Alonso
CB - Eric Rowe
CB - Mike Hilton
S - Tashaun Gipson

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Game plan:

Submitted 9/16/2018 @ 10:54 am

@RuskieTitan

Offense
Single-Back Spread-  Now that we feel comfortable with Andrew Luck's return, we are going to put the ball in his hands more and trust him to find the open target. We are going to primarily use a single back set, with numerous shotgun plays as well. We will be using Brandin Cooks in a variety of plays, motioning him into the slot, a reverse or two as well, and we hope that Vernon Davis will be able to attack the deep middle and free up the underneath stuff for Cooks, as well as Anderson and the other receivers. The Berlin team has a stout front 4, so by utilizing a quick passing game it should allow Lynch and the other backs to see 6 man fronts, and be able to churn out consistent yardage.

Mis-Direction and Counters- We want to wear out their interior defensive line, and nothing frustrates those big guys more than mis-directions and counters. Lynch should produce in this capacity, and we feel that both of our guards are good enough to successfully land their blocks while pulling. On a few plays Jason Kelce himself will be pulled, but with him being one of the best centers in the game, it will work. 

Playaction Pass & Roll-Outs- We are going to get Andrew Luck on the edge on a few plays and allow him to make the decision of whether to run or pass. Once we've thrown a few runs at the Blitzkrieg, we will take advantage of any overaggressiveness with the roll-outs, as well as taking some deep shots via play action to Cooks / Anderson / Davis. We trust our offensive line to be able to provide enough time for Luck to make his reads, and we will be splitting the running back duties between assisting with additional pass protection, and leaking out of the backfield to pick up yardage underneath.

Defense
4-2-5 Defense- We plan on utilizing a hybrid 4-2-5 defense, with Wesley Woodyard at LB coming in if we want to focus on stopping the run on early downs or in short yardage situations. If we want a balance between the two, we'll sub out our nickel corner for S Tony Jefferson, who provides more coverage skill but can also stick his nose in on running downs. We know they have speed on offense, so we'll counter with having an additional DB on the field, typically Jackson. Adoree Jackson will be our primary slot corner, but we also plan on having him matched up on DeSean Jackson whenever he's on the field, as we feel he's got the speed and athleticism to help neutralize that threat from Jackson. Tre'Davious White will be shadowing Tyreek Hill wherever he goes, and Malcolm Butler will take the other outside spot, or cover the slot if Jackson has to follow Jackson out side. However, we will be mixing in some zone coverage to trick the offense, so while our corners might be lined up on the receiver, that doesn't necessarily mean they will be in man. Earl Thomas, along with Devin McCourty, will be able to take away anything over the top, help out against Hill/Jackson as necessary, and ensure Kyle Rudolph doesn't exploit anything in the middle. We feel our front 6 will be fine against their running game, and with the corners we have, moving the safeties up closer to the line to slow down any running game won't be an issue.

Prevent the Deep Ball- We don't fear Case Keenum, but we still don't want to take any chances and will be playing our safeties over the top, and trusting our players to make the tackle after catch to prevent any big play YAC. Earl Thomas and Devin McCourty will be playing cover 2 over the top, but at times we'll mix up the defense with cover 3 and cover 4 looks (using the corners, respectively). As long as we keep any of their speedsters from getting open deep, we trust our front 4 to get to the quarterback.

Blitz Case Keenum-  We already feel that Mack and Garrett are going to be making a quarterback sandwich early and often, but we also want to get inside of Keenum's head early and get him rattled. With our 4-2-5 look, we'll be mixing in additional blitzers from the linebackers, safeties, and even cornerback positions. Having Keenum eat the turf a few times early will force him to have a faster internal clock and make him feel ghosts in the pocket, which will lend to helping the secondary cover Hill and Jackson. Having him rush a few throws makes us believe we can take advantage and force some turnovers.

Summary TL;DR:
Offensively, we go single-back spread, trusting Luck to find the open target, utilizing mis-direction and counters in the running game to help set up the play-action pass and roll-outs. Defensively, we'll use an additional DB more often than not, placing our best CB on their star playmaker with our athletic CB covering Jackson, trusting the safeties to help out over the top, but also mixing in some zone coverages to trick the offense. We trust our defensive line to get to Case Keenum early, and we'll help out with some blitzes, which should pay dividends later in the game.

Berlin Blitzkrieg Game Plan

Submitted 9/16/2018 @ 11:55 am

@Ragnarok

Offense

TL;DR -  Attack the LBs with multiple formations, scheme away their pass rush, take our deep shots.

This week we take on the best pass rushing duo in BDL, not to mention some good interior defenders and very good secondary.  However, we think the LBs of IC are a weakness and that’s where we want to attack.

We will use a 2 TE offense as our ‘base’ offense.  We will have Rudolph to Mack’s side to chip him before running a route.  Trent is going to have Garrett solo.  Our interior three will handle the inside.  Burton will move all over the offense to get mismatches.  If they put a DB on him, we can move him inside to aid in blocking, and if there’s a LB in, we can split him out to open up the box.  We are going to run from this as we believe we can move the ball effectively and want to wear down their edge guys.  Lamar and Clement will alternate on a 60-40 split.  We will also use screens to the RBs and quick routes to Tyreek to further exhaust them.  If they don’t keep a S deep over both Tyreek and Desean, we will keep 7 guys in to block and let them go deep with one TE or RB chipping then escaping as a check down.

To further attack their LBs, we will unveil our new and improved Blitz offense.  Golladay, Desean, and Godwin will be at WR(Fuller rotating in some), Burton at TE, and Tyreek will serve as an OW.  Despite IC having a good secondary, this should stress their defense to the max.  Tyreek will sometimes stay in the backfield and sometimes he will become a 4th WR.  This will depend on the personnel IC deploys.  If they have 2 LBs, Tyreek goes out to make one of our WRs get covered by a LB.  If they have 6 DBs, we will keep Tyreek in and run the ball.  One of the staples of this offense will be WR screens.  We want to erase the IC pass rush with quick throws to let our guys run.  We will also run bootlegs to move the pocket and further aid against their pass rush.  Burton will be lined up to Mack’s side to block or chip him.

Finally, we will use our 3 WR, 1 TE set with a mix of Tyreek, Desean, Godwin, Fuller, and Golladay and Burton at TE on Mack’s side.  We will run a fair bit from this set and look to target Burton and our RBs in the pass game to exploit their LBs once again.  We will also play action from this and take our deep shots.

We plan on going 2 TE 40%, 3 WR 1 TE 40%, and our Blitz 20%.  However, if one formation proves more effective, we change accordingly.  But nothing will keep up from taking more than a few deep shots.

Defense

TL;DR -  Man coverage against banged up weapons, play Haha up close to the line, use both LBs to erase the run game.

IC is hurting on offense with Delanie out for the year and both Alshon and Curtis out again this week.  So we are going to load up the box, shut down the run game, and make them one dimensional.

Darby gets Cooks to handle his speed, Bouye takes Anderson, and Gareon takes Nelson.  Haha will play close to the line and take the TE.  If the TE stays in to block, Haha will blitz.

Kazee will play deep and shade to Cooks side because dude is fast.

Our LBs are going to both serve a number of different roles.  First, both will be keying the RB to completely remove the running game.  None of their backs are particularly adept in the passing game, but Bentley will cover the backs if they go into a route.  If the RB doesn’t go out into a route, Bentley will either drop into a zone or come on a delayed blitz.  Tremaine is going to be sitting in more of a middle zone and following Luck’s eyes.  Luck can run so Tremaine is going to keep that from happening.  Tremaine may also come on a delayed blitz.

IC does have a strong OL overall, especially on the interior.  However, our DL can hold their own at the very least.  And considering IC’s WR/TE issues, they should be able to hassle Luck quite a bit and get a number of coverage sacks.  Our delayed blitzes will further aid in that goal.   

If they go 2 TE to try and run the ball, we will switch out Conley for another DL, probably Wise or Godchaux, and go with a 5 man front with Haha still playing up to take one TE, Ja’whaun would take the other, and Tremaine the RB.

9 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I am happy that IC didn't activate the guy who might be their best DT in Ogunjobi.  Dude looked legit today.  

He's a guy who we want to see put it together before we give him the nod for starting or significant playing time. So far it does look like he's earned an opportunity sooner rather than later.

Looks to be another great week of game planning by these two teams, you guys make it so difficult to vote.  

The few things that stood out to me:

1. Berlin putting a spy on Luck, expecting him to run, which the Rhinos were hoping to exploit.
  2. The way I interpret the Rhinos defensive game plan, they are selling out to stop the pass, by running a 425 as their base defense and playing the safeties in cover 2 over the top.  Where Berlin’s game plan offensively is to pound the rock and collect the short yards, only looking to go deep when the coverage allows for it, and playing more two tight end sets could confuse the defense into bringing in their 425 run personnel and the safeties inside, leaving Hill uncovered over the top.
  3. Berlin’s defensive game plan is to load up the box and have the Rhinos beat them through the air, and with the Rhino’s really only having the one real threat at receiver I think this game plan would work.  I’d still expect to see Cooks have a great game but I don’t think it’s enough.
  4. Nonetheless, I believe that both of you guys wrote up some exceptional and detailed game plans and this wasn’t an easy decision.

3 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Looks to be another great week of game planning by these two teams, you guys make it so difficult to vote.  

The few things that stood out to me:

1. Berlin putting a spy on Luck, expecting him to run, which the Rhinos were hoping to exploit.
  2. The way I interpret the Rhinos defensive game plan, they are selling out to stop the pass, by running a 425 as their base defense and playing the safeties in cover 2 over the top.  Where Berlin’s game plan offensively is to pound the rock and collect the short yards, only looking to go deep when the coverage allows for it, and playing more two tight end sets could confuse the defense into bringing in their 425 run personnel and the safeties inside, leaving Hill uncovered over the top.
  3. Berlin’s defensive game plan is to load up the box and have the Rhinos beat them through the air, and with the Rhino’s really only having the one real threat at receiver I think this game plan would work.  I’d still expect to see Cooks have a great game but I don’t think it’s enough.
  4. Nonetheless, I believe that both of you guys wrote up some exceptional and detailed game plans and this wasn’t an easy decision.

1. Tremaine sitting on Luck will take away the running aspect of the roll outs, but we still feel that Luck should be able to make short completions and give our playmakers chances to get some YAC.

2. It's a hybrid 4-2-5 with Wesley Woodyard coming in on early downs / running situations for a more traditional 4-3 front. Essentially we do not want to get beat deep.

3. While some may feel we have one real threat, we trust Luck to find the open man on the different route combinations.

4. Appreciate it. I do feel feedback like this helps in knowing how to prepare future gameplans, there's already one area I feel I can improve on with my next gameplan as it pertains to my team.

I understand why IC went 2 deep at safety with DeSean and Tyreek, but Berlin counters with the tight end and the WR screens. I think that works, especially given that I'm not a fan of IC linebackers, and that reduces the impact of IC pass rush. On the other side, IC passing game is just too limited right now, and while they're super strong upfront, they face another really strong DL, so that reduces their advantage.

As I said earlier this week, tough start for IC, but once Jeffrey comes back, they should be able to be really competitive. 20-9 Berlin

Well done on both sides, I actually had to re-read the plans and lineups multiple times because I couldn't find a hole in either gameplan. That being said I think that Berlin's offensive weapons offer a little more than IC's do and that will be the difference in this match-up.

Good match and writeups. I think this is a case of a team that has emerged vs a team that is emerging. Berlin's weapons have been premier performers thus far, and ICBR just needs another one or two to step up. Ivory Coast can certainly win games off the edges, but Myles is not quite there yet as he was beaten by Armstead this week. Going Berlin.

I said this last week, but I actually really really like IC's defense. I think a combo of very athletic and fast CB's and keeping his safeties over the top eliminates DJax, and helps slow down Hill. Hill can still make plays in the short game, but his damage isn't nearly as devastating as when he's running right past people. I also think their defensive line will do a great job frustrating Keenum all game. Berlin has lots of weapons, but I think the IC defense is underrated in terms of how athletic it really is, and they can really make it a long game for the Berlin offense. 

I think Rags is underestimating the IC offense. With a really good OL, a good QB, a stud in Cooks and a plan to wear Berlins D out, I think IC shocks everyone and steals this game.

Archived