What is the worst team of all time?

Bolts223

I know it is pretty popular to debate between the 85 Bears, 84 49ers, 72 Dolphins and some other teams about who is the greatest team of all time.

I'm curious as to who you guys think is the WORST team of all time. (Let's keep it contained to the SB era)

Even though the Browns went 0-16 last year, I don't know if I can put them even in the top 3-5. They were competitive in a lot of those games. There have been other teams that just consistently got blown out week to week.

Anyways, let me list some teams that I feel are deserving of being in the conversation and you guys can add teams or say who you think is the worst.

2008 Lions - Record: 0-16, Point Differential: -249

2009 Rams -  Record: 1-15, Point Differential: -261

1990 Patriots -  Record: 1-15, Point Differential: -265

1976 Buccaneers - Record: 0-14, Point Differential: -287

1981 Colts - Record: 2-14, Point Differential: -274

Feel free to list any other ones.

1990 Patriots.  That team was so bad it boggles the mind.  

I cut the 76 Bucs some slack for being an expansion team.

The recent Browns and Lions teams are bad, but I think 90 Pats were worse.

2009 Rams have a strong honorable mention.  That team was complete dumpster fire.

Some old Saints teams have strong honorable mentions as well.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

This is satire, right?

Of course. Strangest thing, seeing a team draft a WR in the 1st rd every year except once from 2003 to 2007. It was like listening to a scratched record that keeps playing the same section of song over and over again.

You know, if you keep drafting the same position, your overall team strength will be so weakened you might lose every game in a season...

Just now, FinSting said:

Of course. Strangest thing, seeing a team draft a WR in the 1st rd every year except once from 2003 to 2007. It was like listening to a scratched record that keeps playing the same section of song over and over again.

You know, if you keep drafting the same position, your overall team strength will be so weakened you might lose every game in a season...

Funniest part about that was after so many WR 1st round busts we all thought they couldn't pick another one and they did.  That was the year they drafted Megatron though which finally worked out.  By that time the team shot everywhere else though.

• 2 weeks later...

I was bored and looking through the numbers of some of the worst teams since 2000 and man.  How in the world did the 2011 Bucs win 4 games?  The only team to allow more points than them since 2000 are the '08 and '09 Lions.  They were 27th in points scored and last in the league in turnovers.  Josh Freeman was their starting QB.  They somehow started the season 4-2, and then went on a 10 game stretch where they were outscored 174-349 (-175 PD, -280 expanded to 16 games) and turned the ball over ~3 times a game.  To put it in perspective, the worst point differential since 2000 is -261 by the '09 Rams.  So they went 10 straight games where they were that much worse than even the teams people consider to be the worst ('09 Rams or '08 Lions).

Honorable mention to the 2006 Raiders.  12 Offensive Touchdowns.  For the season. 

The Josh Freeman Bucs used to tank purposely at the end of seasons.  I think the 2011 Bucs lost a late season game to Atlanta where Atlanta scored like 40 points in the first half.  The 2012 Bucs got shut out by the Saints, and lost like 42-0 at the end of that season.

Archived