Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

55 minutes ago, Danger said:

I wouldn't give a 2nd round pick period for Bell. Given the contract he's demanding and seeing how well Conner is doing in their offense now it's looking more and more like Le'Veon is a product of the system and talent around him.

Bell is way better than Conner, I think he creates more plays when you compare them.
Connor can execute but not get much more out of it, where Le'Veon would be patient  and find more in each play.

Bell isnt really explosive, but he has fantastic patience and feel, and the quickness to take advantage.
 He would look amazing in our offense, you look at those perimeter runs with kelce leading with another OLineman and Bell would find that sea constantly for big gains.

That said I don't know why coming here he would all the sudden want to play. I mean we could swing it with some Howie Magic, and we have the extra pick capital to get creative....it's not a dumb idea, just depends on what it would take. 

We are trying to win super bowls, if I can get a guy like Bell instead of a pick to be wasted on a Donnel Pumphrey-esque throwaway....I do it.

I'm not sure on the details of the contract negotiation but I'm sure that is going to take away from the number he'll get in FA. 

I would've given up a conditional 3rd if he hit certain marks or we get to the NFC championship game before this last game. However now I don't think our problem is the run game. We ran for a buck fifty with our 3rd-5th RB. The Rams could load the box with those pass catchers we're trotting outside. Hell they could play with 5 in the box the way Donald creates pressure. 

We don't need Bell. The RB's are not the problem (Although Sproles ran like crap). WR's that can't get open, our pass blocking, the playcalling, and bad decisions by our QB's is the problem. The run game is the only part of our offense that looks decent, even though we aren't busting off 20 yard runs.

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

How would you guys feel about an Earl Thomas trade? McLeod and our 2nd?

I'd do it no brainer, but can we afford ET? McLeod is meh, while ET still has a couple years left as a top flight safety and will make our corners look a lot better with the safety net (in the form of range) he provides.

We can't afford either Bell or ET. To be honest despite their talent, pass. Diva's who want to be the highest paid at their positions, I have no interest in.

With that said Bell in this Offense, behind this OL and Wentz would be filthy!! As wood ET and Jenkins on the back end!!