Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I miss Curry... Feel like Bennett's been a ghost.

How would cutting Curry this upcoming off season versus having Bennett this season and cutting him after this season have effected our cap beyond this year?

i.e. Is is better for us in 2019 and beyond if kept Curry or if we do what we actually have done?

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

How would cutting Curry this upcoming off season versus having Bennett this season and cutting him after this season have effected our cap beyond this year?

i.e. Is is better for us in 2019 and beyond if kept Curry or if we do what we actually have done?

...yeah I don't think we actually had a choice, nor were the two mutually exclusive, sure we would have gladly taken on both if Curry wasn't going to demand a big pay day. Just Bennett is the guy who replaced Curry and he was looking nice so that's what came to mind.

^Ninja you may be right, he's hard to see with those tiny pads.

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

...yeah I don't think we actually had a choice, nor were the two mutually exclusive, sure we would have gladly taken on both if Curry wasn't going to demand a big pay day. Just Bennett is the guy who replaced Curry and he was looking nice so that's what came to mind.

^Ninja you may be right, he's hard to see with those tiny pads.

I meant more of if we went into this season with Curry OR if we went with Bennett. I know Bennett can be cut this off season with no dead money, so in theory it's better for us moving forward? But Curry is certainly better against the run than Bennett.

We could really use Jernigan. Ngata and co. just don't offer anything on pass downs. Not like Jernigan was a beast in that department either, so yea, hopefully Mailata ends up being good at LT, because we probably need to use our 1st round pick on a DT or DE (Or N'keal harry). Barnett needs to take another step, but he's getting more consistent pressure than the other ends it seems like. Overall, the DL and OL haven't played up to their talent. We're going to be having nail-biters every week until those units get their ish together and Wentz' processing/reaction speed is less rusty. When that all comes together, we will go back to beating teams by 2+ td's.

Edited by Jeezla

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

We could really use Jernigan. Ngata and co. just don't offer anything on pass downs. Not like Jernigan was a beast in that department either

Isn't Jernigan's whole spiel that he excels at pass rushing? Or at least that's what I've been told over the past year+

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Isn't Jernigan's whole spiel that he excels at pass rushing? Or at least that's what I've been told over the past year+

He's just a disruptive player who can make plays if you focus too much on Cox, or can open things up for Cox if they pay attention to him. A DT who can make plays from the interior is a pretty rare thing.