Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Depends what teams and situation I think, like some teams I know take their NT outs and shade down the ends onto the guards. Helps because ILBs then have the outer gaps -> for easier lateral flow.

I think the other common thing is to take the lesser coverage ILB out for the nickel

like in lesser levels you’d take out the WILB, weaker player usually, but a lot of those guys are better coverage players in the NFL. So I’m sure it changes team to team which LB gets that duty.

But it's one of the 3 interior players then and all 3 of the outside players stay on. Just seems odd because taking out one of the ILBs, is more like a 5-1 defense....

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

But it's one of the 3 interior players then and all 3 of the outside players stay on. Just seems odd because taking out one of the ILBs, is more like a 5-1 defense....

Yeah its kinda is, you're right...I think the NT coming out is more common save for some teams or 3rd and 1-4 yard situations.

You are essentially creating a mass pile with the 3-4 DEs head up on the guards, with that lone ILB flowing accordingly and maybe spying depending on things.

It's not a fantastic look as it really can get you killed on the run, you run powers to either side and it's gonna be at least a guy on a guy and be an easy 5/6 yards.
Luckily it's usually passing downs of course. But 4-3 teams are better setup for that nickle flow. More versatile 

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't be looking to extend Gordon after this season anyways, which is entirely what he wants. I'm not going to give up any assets for a guy who wants a long term deal before playing and it's in our best interest to let him walk after this season anyways.

you guys don't need Melvin Gordon. just feed myles sanders. 

I will say Ive never seen a team with so many RBs, not actually have any RBs. Seems like you guys always have 5-15 RBs on your roster and none of them are worth writing home about. Its been frustrating for me as a moderate, closet eagles fan. Hopefully sanders puts that to rest

Edited by N4L
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, N4L said:

you guys don't need Melvin Gordon. just feed myles sanders. 

I will say Ive never seen a team with so many RBs, not actually have any RBs. Seems like you guys always have 5-15 RBs on your roster and none of them are worth writing home about. Its been frustrating for me as a moderate, closet eagles fan. Hopefully sanders puts that to rest

Yeah the committee approach can be very frustrating, it was non existent last year.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah the committee approach can be very frustrating, it was non existent last year.

2017 it worked, last year it definitely did not. Sproles was expected to do more, Ajayii went down early as did Clement. It's hard to expect your 6th and 7th runningbacks to light the world on fire.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danger said:
4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

2017 it worked, last year it definitely did not. Sproles was expected to do more, Ajayii went down early as did Clement. It's hard to expect your 6th and 7th runningbacks to light the world on fire.

Difference between the two year is because the players sucked.

17'.............18'

Ajayi.........Adams

Blount.......Smallwood 

Sproles.....Scott

Clement.....??

Like to think

Howard, Sanders, Sproles Clement is an Upgrade over both years!!

Edited by Nabbs4u