Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

2 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I really hope they can pull this one off.  

Yeah I'm to the point to where I'll be let down if it doesn't happen. I know it was only one game, but I feel like Sendejo could be a real liability for us. Guy's a concussion uncle (Birds With Friends reference) out there, too out of control looking to kill everything. Already burned us once.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah I'm to the point to where I'll be let down if it doesn't happen. I know it was only one game, but I feel like Sendejo could be a real liability for us. Guy's a concussion uncle (Birds With Friends reference) out there, too out of control looking to kill everything. Already burned us once.

That's very true.  We could get that 4th round pick back too by cutting him.  It's a win win

5 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

That's very true.  We could get that 4th round pick back too by cutting him.  It's a win win

Yeah that's big for me. Idc if it takes a 1st to get him. Getting that 4th back from Sendejo lessens the sting, albeit not much. I'm very comfortable spending the 25thish pick on a key piece of the defense for many years to come, proven NFL talent.

• Like 1

Thinking about it more...

I think Minkah would get starter snaps the first week. They started listing nickel CBs on tv...I’m not sure what position he would be aside from that hybrid role. The only issue is it would take Maddox off the field unless he’s moved to FS or S. Jones from the slot. Upgrade possibly.  

Minkah could replace Jenkins but isn’t that what he’s complaining about it

Edited by nlesthought

PFF is suggesting Fitzpatrick's best position being slot CB. I would not be a fan of trading for him if he's used in that role. I'm all in on Maddox or Jones being the guy for many years there. Hell even LeBlanc. Just wouldn't be a good use of a 1st, trading for a slot CB when we have 3 capable to above average ones on the roster.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Thinking about it more...

I think Minkah would get starter snaps the first week. They started listing nickel CBs on tv...I’m not sure what position he would be aside from that hybrid role. The only issue is it would take Maddox off the field unless he’s moved to FS or S. Jones from the slot. Upgrade possibly.  

Minkah could replace Jenkins but isn’t that what he’s complaining about it

Winning changes a lot of complaints

Minka isnt replacing Jenkins in any way shape or form in 2019! He isn't better, let's be clear!!

His possible replacement next year or the year after ,absolutely in play. However Minka could instantly rotate in the 3 Safety/Slot CB role Schwartz utilizes with Malcom, Mccloud and Maddox giving each one of them a breather when needed. All 4 being interchangeable. 

IMO Minka wants to play CB because he knows that's where the Money is at, Not Safety. So playing that Hybrid role Miami is trying to use him at, Won't make him the money he wants. IMO, the real issue with Miami. Same issue he'd probably have as a Eagle.

6 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Think he meant in the future. Would hope not for this season. That's just crazy talk

Side note they just reported asking price is 1st rounder plus "something"

Which is why hes not getting traded anytime soon. Least of all here.

Man seems like Wentz is on life support behind that Oline. Every hit I basically ish myself and have to run to the rest room to wipe. My

mans plays like a got damm FB and not a QB. The way he plays it’s not a very smart or sustainable way! I love Wentz but boy he does himself no favors to protect his health and neck.