Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

5 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Id rather give up Darby a 1st and 3rd then jones. one of my things i loved about the ATL game when our corners actuwlly played press (not you darby) they did relatovely well. its that off zone cov that always ****s us. 

Go get ramsay, trade away darby.

Why would they want Darby? He's on a 1 year deal.

12 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Anyone but Sidney. I'd Like to have him paired with Ramsey for years to come. I know he hasn't been healthy but I think that's all that's holding him back. That and Schwartz infatuation with putting him in the Slot.

This. Would hurt to see him go.

But if its what it takes, gotta make the deal. I really hope its Rasul that would be included and not Sid or even Maddox.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I think Jones can only play the slot. I think Maddox is a FS/slot type as well. I'd rather keep Maddox, I haven't seen enough of Jones to say he's capable of being someone we can count on. He's too much in/out of the lineup with inconsistency and injuries. 

All Sidney played and excelled at in College was playing outside. Injuries have derailed his first two seasons. I agree we haven't seen enough but I'm willing to take a flier.  We seen Darby, We've seen Mills. I'll take my chances!!

Ramsey , Maddox, Jones

I hope Howie is taking notes, maybe the norm now, but how unprecedented the availability of these superstars are now. Just watched Mack sack Keenum and how envious I am that he was attainable at one point. Game changers are rare. He needs to jump on these guys, pay the price. 

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Heard the Jags turned down a 1, 2 and Hayden Hurst from Baltimore. 

If you told me I’d have to give up a 2020 1st, 2nd, 2021 2nd, 3rd and a current LB and DB for Clowney and Ramsey they’d already be on my team. 

Thank you. 

Howie definitely messed up on Clowney after seeing this pass rush through 3 weeks. Now Howie is currently blowing the Ramsey opportunity

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Heard the Jags turned down a 1, 2 and Hayden Hurst from Baltimore. 

If you told me I’d have to give up a 2020 1st, 2nd, 2021 2nd, 3rd and a current LB and DB for Clowney and Ramsey they’d already be on my team. 

Clowney I whole-heartedly agree with. No Cornerback is worth 2 1sts plus.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Thank you. 

Howie definitely messed up on Clowney after seeing this pass rush through 3 weeks. Now Howie is currently blowing the Ramsey opportunity

Who really knows what they are asking. Maybe they’re are standing firm with the 2 1sts. That’s a pretty good haul from the Ravens. I’d be surprised if Howie surpasses that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Clowney I whole-heartedly agree with. No Cornerback is worth 2 1sts plus.

I think it’s a little steep myself. But we’re talking about a cornerstone, proven CB and is still young. He’s worth it. Just not real sure Howie pulls that trigger. 

• Like 1

Seriously though. I was just thinking. How much of a moron is Jim Schwartz, we have one of the least talented secondaries in the league and we aren't getting much pressure, so wouldn't it absolutely make sense to send more pressure, more often? You can't expect below average corners to cover receivers for 5-6 seconds.

• Like 1