Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Seriously though. I was just thinking. How much of a moron is Jim Schwartz, we have one of the least talented secondaries in the league and we aren't getting much pressure, so wouldn't it absolutely make sense to send more pressure, more often? You can't expect below average corners to cover receivers for 5-6 seconds.

I think he believes the pass rush will come around. Or the coverage will get better. 

Or he's making a case for his boy Jalen Mills. 

Can we honestly see the pass rush getting better? They banked on the middle of the DL being so good that it made the DEs better. And now it needs to be opposite and it’s not going to happen. I think BG is a good footballer but he’s not the DE I need. Barnett is now just an injured guy with a lot to prove still. He should be in a heavy rotation, never should have been handed the starting gig. I don’t know why they haven’t contacted Chris Long yet. I think his best days are well behind him but he could be used in obvious passing downs while we move BG inside. It’s just going to expose the DBs even more so. Schwartz really needs to be a little more inventive to get this year back on track. Injuries suck but this is reality now. This is why Clowney and Ramsey make so much sense. Instant and long term effectiveness in something that’s a huge deficiency on your team. The cap can be manipulated to fit them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

What’s wrong with Fletcher Cox? Age showing? Injured? I’m shocked y’all don’t have a pass rush. It’s why you rotate players like crazy. 

Our 2nd and 3rd DTs went down. Brandon Graham really should not have got a new contract, he fell off immediately after Super Bowl LII. Derek Barnett is often injured and makes bonehead mistakes even in his 3rd season, even if he makes some plays here and there. Our would be 4th DE this year Joe Ostman is on IR. Vinny Curry is washed. And most importantly Jim Schwartz has a moronic scheme.

"The Eagles could have Deion Sanders and Darrelle Revis lined up on the outside with Patrick Peterson in the slot, and Jim Schwartz would still rush four." ~ Me

Edited by Danger

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Our 2nd and 3rd DTs went down. Brandon Graham really should not have got a new contract, he fell off immediately after Super Bowl LII. Derek Barnett is often injured and makes bonehead mistakes even in his 3rd season, even if he makes some plays here and there. Our would be 4th DE this year Joe Ostman is on IR. Vinny Curry is washed. And most importantly Jim Schwartz has a moronic scheme.

"The Eagles could have Deion Sanders and Darrelle Revis lined up on the outside with Patrick Peterson in the slot, and Jim Schwartz would still rush four." ~ Me

Damm bro feels bad mate. 

26 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

What’s wrong with Fletcher Cox? Age showing? Injured? I’m shocked y’all don’t have a pass rush. It’s why you rotate players like crazy. 

still coming back from the injury he got against the Saints in January. It's clear he's at most like 65%.
What sucks is our depth has dried up wil Malik being out for the year, and Timmy going down for a couple weeks.
So he's being pressed to play way more than what was probably the plan this first month.

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Hear on the radio Eagles were very close to landing Ramsey before the owner stepped in and shut it down. Ramsey adamant on getting out of Jax so maybe he forces the owners hand and the Eagles jump back in. 

Do we really want to match the Ravens' reported offer of 1st, 2nd and Hurst? I love Ramsey, but that is A LOT for a DB we have to extend, especially with Schwartz at DC. Hopefully that offer was fake news.

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Do we really want to match the Ravens' reported offer of 1st, 2nd and Hurst? I love Ramsey, but that is A LOT for a DB we have to extend, especially with Schwartz at DC. Hopefully that offer was fake news.

It’s a lot. I thinks he’s worth it. Just not sure if I want to pay it. I’m glad I don’t have to make that decision. I remember being upset about trading a 1st for Jason Peters and he’s been a top 5-10 Eagle maybe of all time. So I’m sure most of us value draft picks more than we should but the problem is, so do GMs. Issue is now is that they’re catching us at a bad time. We desperately need some help on defense. I posted the draft pick haul vs Ramsey and Clowney and since Clowney was so cheap it made it an easier swallow but you’re right, it’s a lot. But you’re moving that first almost guaranteed. 

36 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s a lot. I thinks he’s worth it. Just not sure if I want to pay it. I’m glad I don’t have to make that decision. I remember being upset about trading a 1st for Jason Peters and he’s been a top 5-10 Eagle maybe of all time. So I’m sure most of us value draft picks more than we should but the problem is, so do GMs. Issue is now is that they’re catching us at a bad time. We desperately need some help on defense. I posted the draft pick haul vs Ramsey and Clowney and since Clowney was so cheap it made it an easier swallow but you’re right, it’s a lot. But you’re moving that first almost guaranteed. 

Agree that I’m glad I’m not making the decision. I don’t think I’d do it (that’s damn near 2 1sts in total value, is any CB worth that?), but I won’t be mad at all if Howie does it... in fact I’d be hyped since at end of day Ramsey is a young elite CB.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I think when it comes to these trades, a certain eye has to be on when the player would hit the market.
And the comparable talent available between now and then.

I think Ramsey has two obvious things that put him at the top of any tier rankings for available corners in the next 3 years.
Age and talent. Most corners who could be available the next couple years have about 4 years on him.

The things that probably make you hesitant if you are Howie is this. 
Can you get two solid talents for the price of one in the next 3 years, and what would losing that draft capital do for the future.
Basically every corner that matters is hitting the open market in the time it'd feasibly take Jalen to also be an UFA.
We have serious concerns along the DL, and the OL will need a good young IOL at some point soon (Replace Isaac, and maybe shift to center if Kelce retires)
We need all the picks we can get.

I think Cornerback is also a hard position to quantify. You can shut down top guys and still get killed, whereas having elite dlinemen will nullify more in the run and pass.
But a guy like Jalen can change gameplans if you let him...you say "shut down Cooper" and all of the sudden you throw a wrench into what the Cowboys feel comfortable doing.

I guess I fall on it this way...if you really want him and will use him in a way that maximizes his talent. Go for it, within reason.
He becomes a great young pillar of our defense just entering his prime. We likely are too good to ever get an obvious elite talent like that in this Wentz window anyway.

But I think you have to keep an eye on free agency next year.
Where we can upgrade both starting CB spots for the cost of just him. And with guys who are solid players. Yeah they arent necessarily the same "pillar" type players. But they would get the job done. And you can use the extra money to go get Clowney or use that first round pick to get a pass rusher.

we need elite players who will make plays, if this is what it takes, fine. But I’m not as gung ho with the compensation. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

These guys have any inside info whatsoever or is this just BS like I assume it is?

Never heard of them. Doesn’t seem like a smart trade from either side but who knows. We like Goedert, our backup TE, a lot and I’d think something has to give at the position eventually. Would give an instant connection to Foles that’s for sure. Seems like an odd trade. Ertz is very much beloved here. If the Eagles season was lost, I’d make more sense. Interesting he has multiple sources but no one else has anything yet.  

Ramsey and Ngakoue for Ertz a 1st and change, and I’m interested. 

16 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

These guys have any inside info whatsoever or is this just BS like I assume it is?

Not sure, but I really hope not. Getting rid of Ertz would be a very Chip-esque move. Sure, he's not an elite talent like Kelce, and thus maybe replaceable by Goedert... but how are you gonna move Ertz in his prime after everything he's done for us!? Not to mention, he is by far Wentz's favorite target. Not like his contract is a charity case either, he is the 3rd best TE in the league. I refuse to believe this is true.