Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Both can be true.

That was reported on Monday, I already know about that.

You didn’t say anything about it though. 

A guy that calls out of work, which is new to me in the NFL, for the “flu” and then is reported in LA shooting a commercial and then is miraculously cured and coming back to work Wednesday? Seems a little odd to you? 

I mean, at the very least, we’re talking about a guy that doesn’t seem to be putting his team in very high priority currently. 

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Both can be true.

That was reported on Monday, I already know about that.

Keep going though.

Whatever way you need to spin it. By the way, it’s just some guys opinion. Nothing factual. Facts are facts. He felt it was more necessary to skip a Monday practice to either voice his displeasure or go shoot a commercial. Neither looks good. 

15 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Whatever way you need to spin it. By the way, it’s just some guys opinion. Nothing factual. Facts are facts. He felt it was more necessary to skip a Monday practice to either voice his displeasure or go shoot a commercial. Neither looks good. 

Facts are facts? You are literally spinning it however you want to spin it. I've posted nothing but actual inside info from people in the know. 

Edited by .Buzz

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

You didn’t say anything about it though. 

A guy that calls out of work, which is new to me in the NFL, for the “flu” and then is reported in LA shooting a commercial and then is miraculously cured and coming back to work Wednesday? Seems a little odd to you? 

I mean, at the very least, we’re talking about a guy that doesn’t seem to be putting his team in very high priority currently. 

Hence what happens when you request a trade.

Looks like we're trading him for pennies on the dollar though since he requested the trade over a week ago, offers were made, and our owner said they weren't good enough/we're not moving him unless we get something we like or we're just going to keep him.

Edited by .Buzz

48 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Facts are facts? You are literally spinning it however you want to spin it. I've posted nothing but actual inside info from people in the know. 

Was the guy not in LA shooting a commercial, something you casually didn’t mention even though you knew about it, after calling out sick with the “flu” in less than 24 hours? Is that not a fact? Everything else is conjecture by so called people in the know. I don’t really care if Josina Anderson has text proof that he said he was sick. Does that mean he was sick? Or just covering his rear? 

Take your emotions out of it and tell me how that looks? And how that would make your front office feel. And personally, how your boss would view it with your job. 

If a disgruntled Eagle didn’t show up for Monday’s practice or meetings or physical conditioning due to an illness and for whatever reason, sick or not, was then across the country shooting a commercial in LA the next day, I’d be worried. That’s just me though. You’re obviously pretty worried and for good reason but to me, writings on the wall. 

56 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Hence what happens when you request a trade.

Looks like we're trading him for pennies on the dollar though since he requested the trade over a week ago, offers were made, and our owner said they weren't good enough/we're not moving him unless we get something we like or we're just going to keep him.

Every team puts out 10 1st rounders asking price. The price always comes down. Eventually, things boil over. Player sits out, value goes down, team let’s him go for pennies on the dollar. Have you not seen this happen a dozen times already? You’re just in the initial stages right now. God forbid Jax loses the next 4-5 games, Ramsey is going to start considering long term health over his money. And that never ends well for a front office. 

18 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Was the guy not in LA shooting a commercial, something you casually didn’t mention even though you knew about it, after calling out sick with the “flu” in less than 24 hours? Is that not a fact? Everything else is conjecture by so called people in the know. I don’t really care if Josina Anderson has text proof that he said he was sick. Does that mean he was sick? Or just covering his rear? 

Take your emotions out of it and tell me how that looks? And how that would make your front office feel. And personally, how your boss would view it with your job. 

If a disgruntled Eagle didn’t show up for Monday’s practice or meetings or physical conditioning due to an illness and for whatever reason, sick or not, was then across the country shooting a commercial in LA the next day, I’d be worried. That’s just me though. You’re obviously pretty worried and for good reason but to me, writings on the wall. 

None of this looks good. He's a franchise player and this whole thing is because of Coughlin doing stuff he shouldn't be doing. 

As far as the commercial, sure. But he also was at the team facility getting treated and probably talked to the team about that. Assuming just because he wants a trade he's going rogue is a reach too. 

I fully expect him to and want him to be traded fwiw as long as we get a package I think that's worth it.

14 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Every team puts out 10 1st rounders asking price. The price always comes down. Eventually, things boil over. Player sits out, value goes down, team let’s him go for pennies on the dollar. Have you not seen this happen a dozen times already? You’re just in the initial stages right now. God forbid Jax loses the next 4-5 games, Ramsey is going to start considering long term health over his money. And that never ends well for a front office. 

He's the best corner in the game, which is a premium position. Tunsil just went for our asking price and isn't close to the level of player Ramsey is. (I'm well aware BOB is an idiot).

We'll see. May not get two ones, but we're going to get more than you think I believe.

Edited by .Buzz

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

None of this looks good. He's a franchise player and this whole thing is because of Coughlin doing stuff he shouldn't be doing. 

As far as the commercial, sure. But he also was at the team facility getting treated and probably talked to the team about that. Assuming just because he wants a trade he's going rogue is a reach too. 

I fully expect him to and want him to be traded fwiw as long as we get a package I think that's worth it.

He's the best corner in the game, which is a premium position. Tunsil just went for our asking price and isn't close to the level of player Ramsey is. (I'm well aware BOB is an idiot).

We'll see. May not get two ones, but we're going to get more than you think I believe.

You’ve seen he’s got back and hamstring issues now all of a sudden? This is just how things work. He won’t jeopardize his money by sitting out but he can claim he can’t practice or play from some phantom injury. 

Schefty doesn’t BS. 

I think he goes for a 1st and change. Whether that’s a player or a later round pick swap. I think that’s reasonable. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

You’ve seen he’s got back and hamstring issues now all of a sudden? This is just how things work. He won’t jeopardize his money by sitting out but he can claim he can’t practice or play from some phantom injury. 

Schefty doesn’t BS. 

I think he goes for a 1st and change. Whether that’s a player or a later round pick swap. I think that’s reasonable. 

Guess we'll see. I hope it's more because he is a HOF caliber player at a premium position. Just hope the org. wouldn't fold for that. Minkah just went for a high first and isn't even close to the corner Jalen is.

Edited by .Buzz

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Guess we'll see. I hope it's more because he is a HOF caliber player at a premium position. Just hope the org. wouldn't fold for that. Minkah just went for a high first and isn't even close to the corner Jalen is.

I also don't think you get 2 1st rounders. I would give a 1st, a 2020 2nd, + a corner in a heartbeat.

But I'm biased, I really liked Jalen a lot as a prospect. He instantly solves our secondary woes, and if we keep Sid, takes him under his wings for years. A dog to shadow Cooper and now an emerging McLaurin, twice a year sounds nice.

I personally would give up the 2 firsts because I like Jalen that much and an opportunity to grab a player of Jalen's caliber does not come by too often.

• Like 1