Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

9 hours ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Idc what anyone says, I'm going to be pissed about not getting Ramsey for a LONG time.

Especially after we fail to develop these 2 first round picks we kept and they turn out to be mediocre players for years.

1st round is like the one round we have tend to at least get career players from

One the bright side too, with the amount of QBs this year...it’s gonna be another good year if you want to trade back. If we are picking mid 20s, imagine doing what the browns did with the Texans and the Watson trade and stumbling into a top 10 pick in two years. Long shot but things are setup a bit for it to be there.

It’s not the end of the world

16 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Considering we just drafted what seems to be our future LT and we have our franchise QB, what else do we need out of a 1st round pick?

Another Agholor? Another Barnett? Would you trade Agholor and Barnett for a 24 year old SUPERSTAR?

We need a corner...scratch that we need two starting corners, we need another DE sooner than later. We need an interior Olinemen in the next couple years. We need a top wideout. And we should add a young DT too.

you can also trade those individual picks for guys too if you wanna live it up.

you trade all your picks, maybe you fix one issue. But you leave many more in a precarious spot. Where you have to rely on striking gold on prospects with questions and developing players (lol)

in some ways not doing this is a move to get Clowney next year in FA if you want to think of it like that. Because we can flip all the cap this year to next year. We’ll need to add guys next year 

8 hours ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Considering we just drafted what seems to be our future LT and we have our franchise QB, what else do we need out of a 1st round pick?

Another Agholor? Another Barnett? Would you trade Agholor and Barnett for a 24 year old SUPERSTAR?

I think you can guarantee us drafting a corner in the first 2 rounds unless we trade for one and extend/re-sign him or sign one in FA. Also, with DeSean being so unreliable with his health, I believe a legitimate deep speed, ball tracking WR is an absolute NECESSITY for this team. Sign one or draft one in rounds 1-3. A safety will be needed, either to replace McLeod or be the #3. We need another elite DL in the pipeline as well. Jackson will be back next season but Sweat, Hall and Curry need to not see the field as much as they are. I'm cool with ignoring the OL for a year not using SIGNIFICANT resources there. I think we're relatively set there. That's what I'd do.

16 hours ago, DeJack_10 said:

Still haven't heard/read anything about any trade targets. I just hope Howie doesn't feel confident in Mills + Darby fixing our woes in the secondary.

Need to get Peterson and/or Harris Jr.

Guarantee it won't be "and"

6 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Trading for Ramsey also comes with paying him and losing two, potentially three reliable rookie contracts and make the cap a lot harder to manage. We just couldn't give that much up for one player when we have too many holes and are generally just too old.

Look at this way. The fact that we suck at drafting makes it MORE important that we have those picks to fill holes, otherwise in 2-3 years time we'll become a bottom feeding team with Wentz, Ramsey, and trash everywhere else.