Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

25 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Cardinals came out again today and said Patrick Peterson isn't available for trade

Probably didnt want to Block Howie's phone number just in case there was another player for sale?

Subtle way of telling him to stop calling!

38 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I would have gave up a 1st second and third but yeah the rams gave up a lot.

Yeah, got too rich

I don’t get their philosophy, at least Ramsey and Donald are really good/the best at what they do right now in their prime. But loading up on a bunch of max contracts puts a lot of pressure on their systems working. And we’ve already seen McVays offense get chipped away at. And Wade won’t be there forever. 

Seems like they bought way too early on Gurley, I can’t criticize the Goff move...as it’s just the cost of business. But I think even their fans would call that an overpay for what you get.

you can’t top load your roster, it doesn’t really work out that much.

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, got too rich

I don’t get their philosophy, at least Ramsey and Donald are really good/the best at what they do right now in their prime. But loading up on a bunch of max contracts puts a lot of pressure on their systems working. And we’ve already seen McVays offense get chipped away at. And Wade won’t be there forever. 

Seems like they bought way too early on Gurley, I can’t criticize the Goff move...as it’s just the cost of business. But I think even their fans would call that an overpay for what you get.

you can’t top load your roster, it doesn’t really work out that much.

they are just trying to win now it seems. I'm not sure adding ramsey makes them better than the 49ers or seahawks though.

Edited by ninjapirate

They spent entirely too much for Ramsey who is not enough to make the difference that is needed to get them over the top. It’ll bite them in the end. Maybe Ramsey even shakes loose or they end up flipping him knowing they made a mistake and it would bury them to resign him. 

Still though, 2 firsts, a third, a fourth, and a couple backups for Clowney and Ramsey would probably have been very doable for me. We’d just be giving up two firsts really. The comp picks ease the burn a little. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

They spent entirely too much for Ramsey who is not enough to make the difference that is needed to get them over the top. It’ll bite them in the end. Maybe Ramsey even shakes loose or they end up flipping him knowing they made a mistake and it would bury them to resign him. 

Still though, 2 firsts, a third, a fourth, and a couple backups for Clowney and Ramsey would probably have been very doable for me. We’d just be giving up two firsts really. The comp picks ease the burn a little. 

or we could have drafted defensive players instead of taking a wide receiver that doesnt do anything in the second.

• Like 1

Emmanuel Sanders is supposedly on the block. But a lot of suitors may drive up that price. 

Apparently Howie had the opportunity to match the Ramsey deal and declined. Can’t really blame him. I do expect a lesser move though. Can’t come away empty handed. 

Sanders and Peterson for a 2nd and 4th. Maybe a bit more would be fine for me. Then we can cut Sendejo and pick up a 7th (?) I think at this point. We have a 3rd, 4th and 5th currently in comps. I think the Tate pick can elevate even further and possibly land us 2 4ths instead. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Emmanuel Sanders is supposedly on the block. But a lot of suitors may drive up that price. 

Apparently Howie had the opportunity to match the Ramsey deal and declined. Can’t really blame him. I do expect a lesser move though. Can’t come away empty handed. 

Sanders and Peterson for a 2nd and 4th. Maybe a bit more would be fine for me. Then we can cut Sendejo and pick up a 7th (?) I think at this point. We have a 3rd, 4th and 5th currently in comps. I think the Tate pick can elevate even further and possibly land us 2 4ths instead. 

If report we offered a first for Peterson is true, would assume we would have to give at least a first to get him. Unless you meant Sanders and Harris.