Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

16 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

If report we offered a first for Peterson is true, would assume we would have to give at least a first to get him. Unless you meant Sanders and Harris. 

I think it was a 1st and Agholor.

I meant Peterson. I don’t see it being that steep so I threw in the 2nd instead. Knowing Howie it was prb Peterson and a 4th for a 1st and Agholor. Something like that. Still though, a 1st, a 4th and some change for Peterson and Sanders, I’d be interested. And just give away Agholor for the cap room and the whole addition by subtraction thing. 

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I want nothing to do with Emmanuel Sanders tbh. It's literally Golden Tate situation all over again, except Sanders is 32.

Depends on compensation 

if it’s like nothing I’m good with it

because I don’t really need anymore of Mack Hollins pretending like he cares about playing offense tbh

The difference is that we can replace Agholor right away in the slot. But when and if Desean isn’t healthy, he’s pluggable there too. Tate was strictly a slot receiver. Sanders can play outside as well. I don’t like the move if it’s more than a 3rd. Trade our comp 4th and I’m all for it. He’d be an easy resign for a year. Or let him walk and hope he qualifies for a comp himself. 

On 10/20/2019 at 12:00 PM, Jroc04 said:

They spent entirely too much for Ramsey who is not enough to make the difference that is needed to get them over the top. It’ll bite them in the end. Maybe Ramsey even shakes loose or they end up flipping him knowing they made a mistake and it would bury them to resign him. 

Still though, 2 firsts, a third, a fourth, and a couple backups for Clowney and Ramsey would probably have been very doable for me. We’d just be giving up two firsts really. The comp picks ease the burn a little. 

The Clowney trade still has me shaking my head, we knew we needed him then. Even if we weren't entirely sure that we needed him a 3rd and some pieces to get a game changing player is always worth it.