Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

Just now, .Buzz said:

Yeah just wondering if he's likely to come available as I'd imagine he's Marrones top guy if he is and we fire our DC.

I hope so. I think around here the majority of us would prefer a change. Amongst the general fanbase if I recall it's about 50/50 split down the middle. Pretty unlikely that he goes anywhere IMO unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I hope so. I think around here the majority of us would prefer a change. Amongst the general fanbase if I recall it's about 50/50 split down the middle. Pretty unlikely that he goes anywhere IMO unfortunately.

Why hasn't he signed an extension that's been offered then? Kind of odd to end the season and expect to stay I'd feel like.

I get it though, sometimes when it's time it's time. But man would he be a huge upgrade here in JAX.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Why hasn't he signed an extension that's been offered then? Kind of odd to end the season and expect to stay I'd feel like.

I get it though, sometimes when it's time it's time. But man would he be a huge upgrade here in JAX.

I feel like this organization is loyal to a fault. I think frankly Howie and Jeffery Lurie are waiting until seasons end to evaluate every coach because of general under performances across the board. He doesn't want to let any of them think that their job is safe right now because it would send the wrong message. At least that's my gut feeling. 

You guys had an elite defense 2 years ago, didn't you? What happened?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

I feel like this organization is loyal to a fault. I think frankly Howie and Jeffery Lurie are waiting until seasons end to evaluate every coach because of general under performances across the board. He doesn't want to let any of them think that their job is safe right now because it would send the wrong message. At least that's my gut feeling. 

You guys had an elite defense 2 years ago, didn't you? What happened?

Campbell, Church, Gip, Malik, etc. were aging vets. Telvin Smith regressed greatly last year then walked away from football. We didn't have much depth and stayed almost completely healthy that year on the defensive side as well. Just ended up being a year where most things went right.

Now, we have holes across the board outside of our edge rushers Ngakoue and Josh Allen pretty much. 

Tom Coughlin really burned this franchise to a ground in 3 years...it's crazy. 

As far as Schwartz, hopefully if Marrone stays he offers him a lucrative deal and allows you guys to move on I guess lol. I really don't know what other top DC candidates we'd be able to get given our situation.

Edited by .Buzz

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Campbell, Church, Gip, Malik, etc. were aging vets. Telvin Smith regressed greatly last year then walked away from football. We didn't have much depth and stayed almost completely healthy that year on the defensive side as well. Just ended up being a year where most things went right.

Now, we have holes across the board outside of our edge rushers Ngakoue and Josh Allen pretty much. 

Tom Coughlin really burned this franchise to a ground in 3 years...it's crazy. 

As far as Schwartz, hopefully if Marrone stays he offers him a lucrative deal and allows you guys to move on I guess lol. I really don't know what other top DC candidates we'd be able to get given our situation.

I'm still hoping we can snag Rivera personally.

• Like 1

Anyone see the Sports Center #1 play 5A Texas State Championship 

Ryan vs Shadow Creek ST KR TD Play? If not check it out SC, Google, ect. I honestly dont know why the NFL doesn't incorporate those types of trick plays when its not kicked out of the End Zone?

It was like a Triple option Reverse but as a Hand off. Players had no idea who had the ball? Hope Flipp was watching!!!! Never seen that before. Pretty neat.

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Anyone see the Sports Center #1 play 5A Texas State Championship 

Ryan vs Shadow Creek ST KR TD Play? If not check it out SC, Google, ect. I honestly dont know why the NFL doesn't incorporate those types of trick plays when its not kicked out of the End Zone?

It was like a Triple option Reverse but as a Hand off. Players had no idea who had the ball? Hope Flipp was watching!!!! Never seen that before. Pretty neat.

I'm glad Albright can state the obvious.  There was Zero Chance (Zero) Pederson was getting fired! Especially given the litany of injuries derailing this season.

Only question now is, Does that also apply with the CRAP Schwartz has had to work with? Between the secondary  and the DL getting decimated, it truly hasn't been a full deck to work with. If anything,  barely 1/2 a deck!!

Now his inability or stubbornness to adapt and change philosophy when said players can't execute your philosophy, should get him fired!! I will admit though, I can't recall a season where he has Blitzed More as a Eagle?

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

9th in yards and 16th or so in scoring. That doesn’t warrant a Schwartz firing with all the injuries and crap play he’s had to deal with. Get him Malik back, another edge rusher and one or two capable CBs and he probably has a top 5 defense all around. I think it’s more on Howie than anyone. Injuries derailed this team early and often. This is just one of those mulligan years. Reload this offseason. 

We DO need an actual OC next year though. That’s the #1 for me. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

9th in yards and 16th or so in scoring. That doesn’t warrant a Schwartz firing with all the injuries and crap play he’s had to deal with. Get him Malik back, another edge rusher and one or two capable CBs and he probably has a top 5 defense all around. I think it’s more on Howie than anyone. Injuries derailed this team early and often. This is just one of those mulligan years. Reload this offseason. 

We DO need an actual OC next year though. That’s the #1 for me. 

Not what everyone wants to hear, but the truth! 👍