Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

30 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I think Fournette would be a great 2nd punch to this offense behind this line

I don't think our o-line is gonna be doing a ton of man blocking. We are more of a zone blocking team. 

Don't really get the fit and I like what we have and so do the coaches.

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

So can Elijah Holyfield.

Can he?

My point wasn’t to discredit Holyfield. Just that the offense wouldn’t be one dimensional with Fournette on the field. 

And to your point, not saying he can’t, but how does anyone know how effective Elijah could be in the passing game? He had 7 catches in college. 7. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:
13 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

So can Elijah Holyfield.

Can he?

My point wasn’t to discredit Holyfield. Just that the offense wouldn’t be one dimensional with Fournette on the field. 

And to your point, not saying he can’t, but how does anyone know how effective Elijah could be in the passing game? He had 7 catches in college. 7. 

I mean Fournette probably had a lower percentage of catches per pass catching snaps than Holyfield and from what I've read from camp stuff they've said he's caught it out of the backfield quite a few times. I don't think either of them offer you much as pass catchers. Obviously Fournette is more proven in that area. Holyfield has done a good job in short yardage supposedly and made guys miss on occasion with solid pass blocking. Wish we could've seen him and the UDFA backs from this year in preseason games though.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean Fournette probably had a lower percentage of catches per pass catching snaps than Holyfield and from what I've read from camp stuff they've said he's caught it out of the backfield quite a few times. I don't think either of them offer you much as pass catchers. Obviously Fournette is more proven in that area. Holyfield has done a good job in short yardage supposedly and made guys miss on occasion with solid pass blocking. Wish we could've seen him and the UDFA backs from this year in preseason games though.

The logical answer is go with Holyfield and hope he develops. There’s no way Fournette, unless he needs some total reclamation year, he’d sign with us. I’d be all about it but all signs point to no. Which is fine. I’m not super comfortable with the RB room. I would like a more proven vet to backup Miles but that’s really being nitpicky. 

20 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

The logical answer is go with Holyfield and hope he develops. There’s no way Fournette, unless he needs some total reclamation year, he’d sign with us. I’d be all about it but all signs point to no. Which is fine. I’m not super comfortable with the RB room. I would like a more proven vet to backup Miles but that’s really being nitpicky. 

Why wouldn't he sign, wants to be the Bell Cow? I dont think baring injury there is a team out there, where he immediately gets 20+ Carries. You put him in the Blount/Ajayi  role in this Offense He would get his. Much rather have him as a #2 if Sanders goes down, stays gimp then anyone we have in camp.

He should sign with NE, pair with Cam and instantly add/change the way that Offense is ran with RPO. 

Cam/Fournett with an RPO? Which big bastard do you try and tackle first?

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why wouldn't he sign, wants to be the Bell Cow? I dont think baring injury there is a team out there, where he immediately gets 20+ Carries. You put him in the Blount/Ajayi  role in this Offense He would get his. Much rather have him as a #2 if Sanders goes down, stays gimp then anyone we have in camp.

He should sign with NE, pair with Cam and instantly add/change the way that Offense is ran with RPO. 

Cam/Fournett with an RPO? Which big bastard do you try and tackle first?

He’d start on what? 20 teams or so. He’d get 20 carries a game on 10 teams probably. Absolute guesstimate but it’s probably around there. 

Although I could be way off. He cleared waivers without anyone claiming him. Maybe there’s more to the story. 

Well Riley Reiff is going to restructure his deal to stay with the Vikings. I fully expect that they're going to have Matt Pryor at LT come week 1 unless he gets injured. They will probably go a lot of 12 man personnel and line Goedert up next to Pryor and give him a lot of help against Chase Young in the form of double teams or chipping. Combine Chase Young with Matt Ioannidis,  Montaz Sweat and the over the hill but still Eagle Killer Ryan Kerrigan and their front 7 is going to give our OL an actual run for their money come two weeks from now.

16 minutes ago, oland11 said:

Well Riley Reiff is going to restructure his deal to stay with the Vikings. I fully expect that they're going to have Matt Pryor at LT come week 1 unless he gets injured. They will probably go a lot of 12 man personnel and line Goedert up next to Pryor and give him a lot of help against Chase Young in the form of double teams or chipping. Combine Chase Young with Matt Ioannidis,  Montaz Sweat and the over the hill but still Eagle Killer Ryan Kerrigan and their front 7 is going to give our OL an actual run for their money come two weeks from now.

Yeah I really don't want to believe that they're gonna have Pryor out there at LT, but honestly it's what I expect to happen because it's the Eagles. It's just one of those really dumb decisions we make every year.

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

He’d start on what? 20 teams or so. He’d get 20 carries a game on 10 teams probably. Absolute guesstimate but it’s probably around there. 

Although I could be way off. He cleared waivers without anyone claiming him. Maybe there’s more to the story. 

What 20 teams? Which 10, curious?

11 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

What 20 teams? Which 10, curious?

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/ranking-all-32-nfl-starting-running-backs-2020

Heres a reference. I’m not going to go down all 32 teams on a very arbitrary argument but you’ll get the point. He’s listed at #9 here. Finding a team to give you 20 carries a game is a silly bar to set. Only like 1 or 2 guys every few years get that. So, finding him a team to get the lions share of carries would be easy. He could start on 20 or so and get most of the carries on 10 teams like I said. Lions, Bears, Bucs, Falcons, Rams, Ravens, Cards...just quickly thinking. 

Point is, he’d have better options to try and prove to the league he can carry a running game. Personally, I’d rather go to a team that I know I’m getting carries. Rather than to a team who has a clear #1 there already. Essentially, in a contract year.