Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

32 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Cousins is a trip, in a league with Russell Wilson - he still finds a way to be the corniest cringemeister there is.

”Only Wussies get sick, I’m an alpha...apex man.” - Kirk Cousins probably, every season before he begins losing every big game.

I can't imagine anyone except maybe lineman being even remotely at risk if they catch this. He knows he's not at risk so he's just using it as an excuse to sound cool.

On 9/2/2020 at 10:25 AM, Jroc04 said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/ranking-all-32-nfl-starting-running-backs-2020

Heres a reference. I’m not going to go down all 32 teams on a very arbitrary argument but you’ll get the point. He’s listed at #9 here. Finding a team to give you 20 carries a game is a silly bar to set. Only like 1 or 2 guys every few years get that. So, finding him a team to get the lions share of carries would be easy. He could start on 20 or so and get most of the carries on 10 teams like I said. Lions, Bears, Bucs, Falcons, Rams, Ravens, Cards...just quickly thinking. 

Point is, he’d have better options to try and prove to the league he can carry a running game. Personally, I’d rather go to a team that I know I’m getting carries. Rather than to a team who has a clear #1 there already. Essentially, in a contract year. 

Welp. There ya go. Perfect place for him to get some carries, showcase himself in a, most likely, winning situation and parlay it into a multi year contract next year. 

17 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I don’t really get the Saints dropping that big money on Kamara, unless Brees has said he’s playing for 3 more years.

I don’t see it unless Brees told them he’s retiring after this year lol. They are in the 2nd worst spot after us heading into next offseason and they still have to pay Lattimore and Ramczyk.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don’t see it unless Brees told them he’s retiring after this year lol. They are in the 2nd worst spot after us heading into next offseason and they still have to pay Lattimore and Ramczyk.

But also if he is retiring, why pay a RB that much. Especially Kamara, who is good but not the most well-rounded back. I hope they don’t think Taysom can step in, but hey...maybe they think they fixed Jameis.

Just now, Kiltman said:

But also if he is retiring, why pay a RB that much. Especially Kamara, who is good but not the most well-rounded back. I hope they don’t think Taysom can step in, but hey...maybe they think they fixed Jameis.

You see all these other teams with young QBs paying RBs? Hell... even the Vikings and Cowboys paid RBs big and they are paying QB big.

Sometimes teams just make dumb decisions.