Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

Thanks for Agholor fellas! We’re only five games in but he looks like a legit WR2 for us. Consistently gets open, no drop issues, and aggressive as can be for a smaller guy. Definitely showing his 1st Round talent and thriving in Grudens system. Box score not the prettiest since he’s only started the past two games but he has looked solid in all 5 games, and has some silky smooth route running. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Will it ever not sting seeing DK Metcalf light it up?

Every team passed on Metcalf.
63 players were taken ahead of him.
Eight of them were receivers.
And he has Russell Wilson.
Carson Wentz is no Wilson.

It isn't one pick that is killing this team.
It is most of them.
And at this point I am not sure it is solely the fault of the players.

The best thing that ever happened to Sidney Jones and Rasul Douglas was getting cut from this team.
What would Metcalf look like on the Eagles?
What will Arcega-Whiteside look like somewhere else?

Fulgham honed his skills elsewhere for a season.
He comes here and he's light years ahead of guys who have been here.
(He was taken 120 picks after Metcalf.)
I think that speaks to more than a singular selection.

In fact, it has become like a broken record.
Get over it.
The staff appears to be doing a terrible job with what it has.
They don't appear to have a clue.

Pederson's response that Pittsburgh called a savvy play is absurd.
If you line your entire defense on the left side of the field and the other team runs right, they aren't geniuses.
You are a stooge.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

Every team passed on Metcalf.
63 players were taken ahead of him.
Eight of them were receivers.
And he has Russell Wilson.
Carson Wentz is no Wilson.

It isn't one pick that is killing this team.
It is most of them.
And at this point I am not sure it is solely the fault of the players.

The best thing that ever happened to Sidney Jones and Rasul Douglas was getting cut from this team.

Fulgham honed his skills elsewhere for a season.
He comes here and he's light years ahead of guys who have been here.
(He was taken 120 picks after Metcalf.)
I think that speaks to more than a singular selection.

In fact, it has become like a broken record.
Get over it.
The staff appears to be doing a terrible job with what it has.
They don't appear to have a clue.

Pederson's response that Pittsburgh called a savvy play is absurd.
If you line your entire defense on the left side of the field and the other team runs right, they aren't geniuses.
You are a stooge.

are you typing in haikus?

56 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

I'm convinced at this point howie isn't even bad at drafting and our coaching staff just can't conceivably do anything right.

Imagine if that was the case? Our starting corners would've been Jones and Douglas and we would not have needed to trade for Darius Slay. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Thanks for Agholor fellas! We’re only five games in but he looks like a legit WR2 for us. Consistently gets open, no drop issues, and aggressive as can be for a smaller guy. Definitely showing his 1st Round talent and thriving in Grudens system. Box score not the prettiest since he’s only started the past two games but he has looked solid in all 5 games, and has some silky smooth route running. 

Maybe..... maybe it was the fans in the stands this whole time?!?

Nelly is a good dude, just got so in his own head here.
We gave him like every chance to do well an he just couldn't get over it.
Glad he's making it work.

• Like 1

Bad players can have good games. Sidney Jones won’t be some top 10 corner. He was a guy whose most impressive skill on tape was his speed, then he got hurt and was never as fast. He is likely better than how he played here because gym shorts is clueless as hell when it comes to anything but the DL, but I think he will be at best a fringe starter for his career. 

Rasul Douglas always had a nice skill set and we just never used him right. We tried to match him up one on one with no help vs speed WRs and he just got toasted regularly. That is again on Shorts for being a terrible DC. It is not surprising to me that he is playing well elsewhere. 

How shorts got another year here and how Doug got away with not bringing in a new OC is ridiculous. Doug is a players coach, he needs to bring in coaches who can be strict with these players, evaluate their skill set, and help them succeed. Reich was great at that which is why we played so well when he was here. 

It took us 4 years to realize Derek Barnett rushes better standing up. We didn’t stand Gernard Avery up for a whole year even though all the tape on him being successful in Cleveland was when he was standing up. How the hell does that even happen??? The biggest issue this entire staff has is they don’t use the talent they have properly. We are constantly putting round pegs in square holes and it shows on game day. 

Fire Gym Shorts, get a real OC(and get rid of Press Taylor good lord), and let Doug rally the troops and we might get to see what we had in 2017 again at some point. If this staff doesn’t change dramatically this team won’t go anywhere. Doug isn’t Belichick, he needs to hire coaches who can mask his weaknesses. 

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Bad players can have good games. Sidney Jones won’t be some top 10 corner. He was a guy whose most impressive skill on tape was his speed, then he got hurt and was never as fast. He is likely better than how he played here because gym shorts is clueless as hell when it comes to anything but the DL, but I think he will be at best a fringe starter for his career. 

Rasul Douglas always had a nice skill set and we just never used him right. We tried to match him up one on one with no help vs speed WRs and he just got toasted regularly. That is again on Shorts for being a terrible DC. It is not surprising to me that he is playing well elsewhere. 

How shorts got another year here and how Doug got away with not bringing in a new OC is ridiculous. Doug is a players coach, he needs to bring in coaches who can be strict with these players, evaluate their skill set, and help them succeed. Reich was great at that which is why we played so well when he was here. 

It took us 4 years to realize Derek Barnett rushes better standing up. We didn’t stand Gernard Avery up for a whole year even though all the tape on him being successful in Cleveland was when he was standing up. How the hell does that even happen??? The biggest issue this entire staff has is they don’t use the talent they have properly. We are constantly putting round pegs in square holes and it shows on game day. 

Fire Gym Shorts, get a real OC(and get rid of Press Taylor good lord), and let Doug rally the troops and we might get to see what we had in 2017 again at some point. If this staff doesn’t change dramatically this team won’t go anywhere. Doug isn’t Belichick, he needs to hire coaches who can mask his weaknesses. 

Cutting both Sidney and Rasul was short sighted. You keep 1. They didn't have the depth to do that and it was painfully obvious. Neither one of them are great players but they are better than what they rolled out there opposite Slay last Sunday

• Like 1

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Cutting both Sidney and Rasul was short sighted. You keep 1. They didn't have the depth to do that and it was painfully obvious. Neither one of them are great players but they are better than what they rolled out there opposite Slay last Sunday

I agree with that completely.

2 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

amazing post but this part especially.... i swear we suck at developing and utilizing players besides like offensive line.... and um running back?

I agree 100% with the developing part. I truly believe Fulgham must have learned something in Green Bay that isn´t being thought here, he very well may not be anything special but he does the basics of the position and that´s good enough to produce with this team apparently. Just compare it with Hightower akward attempt at catching the ball in the endzone. 

There´s something pretty messed up going up coaching wise. 

Don't mean to pile it on, but what exactly is the thoughts here with your corners seemingly leaving and taking a step? Change of scenery/put in a scheme that better fits them?

This was only one game and I'm not counting our chickens (not that I think he'll vault into being a top end corner, but hoping he can be a legit #2 opposite CJ Hendo), but this looked like the guy I was high on coming out of Washington yesterday.