Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

47 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Why would I expect the "best case" for a player that was terrible here... ya best case he is a legit number one corner who does it all, but I just don't think that is what ultimately happens. That is my point.

I mean that's exactly what you said. "Best case is he's a fringe starter", doesn't have to be the expectation. I just said I disagree that best case scenario that's all he'd amount to. 

Either way, we'll see what happens.

48 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean that's exactly what you said. "Best case is he's a fringe starter", doesn't have to be the expectation. I just said I disagree that best case scenario that's all he'd amount to. 

Either way, we'll see what happens.

If you ask me, he's still a complete unknown at this point. You don't know how high or low he'll wind up, because frankly, we did nothing to put him in a position to be successful. It's weird seeing a complete unknown for someone who's a 2nd round pick in their 4th season.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 6:39 PM, Kiltman said:

Maybe..... maybe it was the fans in the stands this whole time?!?

Nelly is a good dude, just got so in his own head here.
We gave him like every chance to do well an he just couldn't get over it.
Glad he's making it work.

Mark me as pretty surprised as to how well he's done in LV. He's been a super under the radar stud for us. I hope we re-sign him to be our #3/4 long-term. 

Also had a 50+ yard TD called back in week 3 iirc. 

It didn’t matter how talented Agholor was. There was just no way you could bring him back. Firstly, the drops were just atrocious. Secondly, he couldn’t take a 90% pay cut. He made 9M his last year here. Whatever fair value for him was at that time would have never been acceptable. 

And also, while he seems like hes carving out some more playing time recently, he’s played 5 games and has 10 catches. He’s not exactly lighting the world on fire. He’s made a couple nice plays. But he’s good for that. Just can’t rely on him for extended periods. He’ll inevitably let you down. 

Just for comparison sake, 

Agholor: 5 games, 2 starts, 199 offensive snaps, 11 targets, 10 receptions, 185 yards, 3 TDs 

Fulgham: 2 games, 2 starts, 83 snaps, 16 targets, 12 receptions, 209 yards, 2 TDs 

19 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Don’t trust anything that is written that poorly. Jesus my head hurts trying to read through the as it defiled the English language.  

Yeah they really botched that

It's just a rumor, but I could see Howie the snake doing something like that

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Agholor: 5 games, 2 starts, 199 offensive snaps, 11 targets, 10 receptions, 185 yards, 3 TDs 

Fulgham: 2 games, 2 starts, 83 snaps, 16 targets, 12 receptions, 209 yards, 2 TDs 

Waiting for someone to suggest Ham is the Eagles #1, Agholor is like our 4th best option........🤷‍♂️. Now that will be funny. Post in

1?

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 10/12/2020 at 10:16 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

amazing post but this part especially.... i swear we suck at developing and utilizing players besides like offensive line.... and um running back?

Thank you.

I mean, where did Fulgham learn to high point the ball like he does?
Why is he the only receiver whom Wentz trusts to catch a contested ball?

The coaching staff needs some serious reevaluation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

It didn’t matter how talented Agholor was. There was just no way you could bring him back. Firstly, the drops were just atrocious. Secondly, he couldn’t take a 90% pay cut. He made 9M his last year here. Whatever fair value for him was at that time would have never been acceptable. 

And also, while he seems like hes carving out some more playing time recently, he’s played 5 games and has 10 catches. He’s not exactly lighting the world on fire. He’s made a couple nice plays. But he’s good for that. Just can’t rely on him for extended periods. He’ll inevitably let you down. 

That is why I left Agholor out of my dissertation.
He ran his course here.
Plus, I think he's soft in the head.
Good stuff.

• Like 1

Here is what I mean about the coaching being poor.
Of the last 13 defensive backs drafted only five are completely out of football.
One is in Canada, so make it six.
With the addition of Slay that makes eight DB's.

K'Von Wallace - !
Avonte Maddox - !
Sidney Jones - *
Rasul Douglas - *
Blake Countess - x
Jalen Mills - !
Eric Rowe - *
JaCorey Shepherd - x
Randall Evans - C
Jaylen Watkins - x
Ed Reynolds - x
Earl Wolff - x
Jordan Poyer - *

! - on the team
* - on another team
x - out of football
C - Canadian

CB1 - Darius Slay
CB2 - Jones
CBN - Maddox
CBD - Douglas
SS - Rowe
FS - Poyer
S3 - Mills
S4 - Wallace

Now, this isn't the most formidable defensive backfield in history.
But the selections exceed the usage.
Who is really to blame?

(as promised) DB Haiku:

Who will save the day?
These D-backs, on the attack,
receivers they'll Slay.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2020 at 7:38 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

He only played a few snaps in one game. I'm blanking on the game. He looked athletic but not ready.

I didn't want to risk him to waivers though. We probably could get him to the practice squad, but I'd rather not risk it. There were other players we could've cut. Opeta? Juriga? Clement? Huntley? Epps? Gerry??

Yep... don’t understand our process. Toohill much like Taylor was a guy who was gonna take more than a season to develop into a contributor.