Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

6 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I honestly spent almost no time thinking about Metcalf because I thought he was a top 15 pick for sure. 

Never in my life did I think they’d pass on him......thrice 

I thought he’d be gone and figured Howie wouldn’t draft him.

When he fell I figured it was for a reason nobody knew, so I didn’t get all pissed about it. With SEC schools I just assume there are coverups that quickly go to worst kept secrets because it happens so often. If a guy falls for no apparent reason I jut lay usually figure it’s one of those.

For me I loved Deebo and AJ Brown. Weirdly I can’t remember watching Terry play at all.

Love the whole Hindsight game. No one, not even the Seahawks regardless of what they might publicly say knew DK would ball out like this. No one, including you Danger.

He's the WR version of them picking Wilson. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I thought he’d be gone and figured Howie wouldn’t draft him.

When he fell I figured it was for a reason nobody knew, so I didn’t get all pissed about it. With SEC schools I just assume there are coverups that quickly go to worst kept secrets because it happens so often. If a guy falls for no apparent reason I jut lay usually figure it’s one of those.

For me I loved Deebo and AJ Brown. Weirdly I can’t remember watching Terry play at all.

Terry was always considered 2nd fiddle on the draft boards to his teammate at Ohio State Parris Campbell.

AJ Brown, Miles Boykin, and Hakeem Butler were my guys in that draft (aside from Metcalf)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Lol nah it was pretty obvious he was a freak.

I said I'd run up to the podium if he was available at out pick.

I compared him to Demaryius Thomas who was pretty damn good in his own like early in his career. Russell Wilson had some question marks physically, Metcalf was the most physical WR prospect since Calvin Johnson.

Head Coach Arthur Smith (Titans)

Offensive Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach Tom Clements (Cardinals)

QB Coach Dan Orlovsky (ESPN)

RB Coach Duce Staley

WR Coach Aaron Moorhead

TE Coach Justin Peeler

OL Coach Jeff Stoutland

Defensive Coordinator Chris Hewitt (Ravens Pass D Coordinator)

The rest, coaches that don't suck

That's what I want the staff to be next year

• Like 1

18 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Turns out Tee Higgins is pretty freaking good. 

I think the league is just trolling us. Everyone is a beast that the eagles don't select lol. It's amazing the last few drafts if we selected almost anyone else that was projected around our picks we would have a sweet a** roster compared to this

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Why did we pass on Jefferson again? Kid is such s monster. Already probably one of the best WRs in the NFL honestly, consistently outshining Thielen.

Just because many of us preferred Reagor shouldn’t give Howie a pass either btw, he’s the one whose livelihood is to make the right choice.

Literal insanity... I said this before the draft & people here ripped me saying he could only play a certain position & isn't a threat downfield... Both of those criticisms are just flat wrong on all levels. Which is fine, just would like for some people here to take their L on how good he actually has shown to be. Howie struggles taking L's, some posters here struggle with it as well.

Dude is so dang good smh - Makes me nauseous every time I watch him play.

Edited by Wentz you dog you

Jefferson is good. Would he be doing as good if we drafted him? No. For the sake of Justin Jefferson's fantasy relevance,  you should all be happy we didn't draft him, because he ain't putting up those #'s with never thrown for 400 yards Carson Wentz.

Justin Jefferson, Tee Higgins, Claypool - none of these guys put up big numbers if they get drafted by us. Robby Anderson doesn't have the season he's having if we sign him in FA. Put Reagor on those teams and keep him off ir, he probably looks nearly as good. We aren't going to have a 1000 yard receiver until we get a better QB.

It's also silly that you guys complain about Jefferson/Higgins over Reagor, but don't say a word about JJAW over Terry/DK. At least Reagor isn't getting healthy scratched. 

I personally thought Jefferson was another Tyler Boyd, aka 1000 yard slot WR, but he's proving to be just as good outside, which I honestly didn't expect (since 90% of his LSU routes were free releases from the slot). He is better than I thought, but I 100% believe he would look no better than Reagor had we drafted him. If we somehow drafted Chase and Waddle next year, they would both just be average if they came here and played with Doug/Wentz.

Edited by Jeezla