Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Jefferson is good. Would he be doing as good if we drafted him? No. For the sake of Justin Jefferson's fantasy relevance,  you should all be happy we didn't draft him, because he ain't putting up those #'s with never thrown for 400 yards Carson Wentz.

Justin Jefferson, Tee Higgins, Claypool - none of these guys put up big numbers if they get drafted by us. Robby Anderson doesn't have the season he's having if we sign him in FA. Put Reagor on those teams and keep him off ir, he probably looks nearly as good. We aren't going to have a 1000 yard receiver until we get a better QB.

It's also silly that you guys complain about Jefferson/Higgins over Reagor, but don't say a word about JJAW over Terry/DK. At least Reagor isn't getting healthy scratched. 

I personally thought Jefferson was another Tyler Boyd, aka 1000 yard slot WR, but he's proving to be just as good outside, which I honestly didn't expect (since 90% of his LSU routes were free releases from the slot). He is better than I thought, but I 100% believe he would look no better than Reagor had we drafted him. If we somehow drafted Chase and Waddle next year, they would both just be average if they came here and played with Doug/Wentz.

Where have you been? That’s all some of us talk about, myself included. Probably in this thread during Seahawks primetime game you’ll find countless posts lamenting that miss. 

Vikings barley pass the ball and Cousins is trash too, let’s not pretend Jefferson is in some great situation. Better than Reagor’s? I guess, but he’s been a flat out monster, period.

Our offense does suck which hurts everyone but it’s not like we’ve seen Wentz missing on big throws to Reagor past 2 weeks. Biggest play I recall missed between them was that TD catch he dropped... Can’t say I’ve focused on every Reagor route in all-22 to know if he’s getting open but no targets, and unless someone says otherwise I’ll assume he hasn’t since that’d reflect in his PFF grade.

Not to say Reagor still can’t be good, and he’s pretty much already shown more promise than JJAW ever did, but at this rate it’s going to feel like a miss if guys picked after him continue lighting up league while he’s fully healthy. 

Fulgham was able to put together a 4 game stretch where he had 400+ yards and 4 TDs so it certainly is possible, even in this offense, than do more than <200 yards in 4 games.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Not to say Reagor still can’t be good, and he’s pretty much already shown more promise than JJAW ever did, but at this rate it’s going to feel like a miss if guys picked after him continue lighting up league while he’s fully healthy. 

My whole existence on this forum these days is bashing those who smack talked Metcalf and how we should've taken him in the 1st without a second thought.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Where have you been? That’s all some of us talk about, myself included. Probably in this thread during Seahawks primetime game you’ll find countless posts lamenting that miss. 

Vikings barley pass the ball and Cousins is trash too, let’s not pretend Jefferson is in some great situation. Better than Reagor’s? I guess, but he’s been a flat out monster, period.

Our offense does suck which hurts everyone but it’s not like we’ve seen Wentz missing on big throws to Reagor past 2 weeks. Biggest play I recall missed between them was that TD catch he dropped... Can’t say I’ve focused on every Reagor route in all-22 to know if he’s getting open but no targets, and unless someone says otherwise I’ll assume he hasn’t since that’d reflect in his PFF grade.

Fulgham was able to put together a 4 game stretch where he had 400+ yards and 4 TDs so it certainly is possible, even in this offense, than do more than <200 yards in 4 games.

Sounds like you're trying to say Jefferson would be just as successful here, and that's just not how it would go down.

Kirk isn't good, but he targets his #1 and #2 WR's a lot more than Wentz does, even if the team overall doesn't pass a whole lot, and he's proven he can potentially throw for 4500ish yards. Wentz tops out at 4k, with a much higher percentage of those yards going to RB and TE compared to Kirk. Jefferson would have like 400 yards and maybe 1 td if we drafted him.

Ultimately the real reason we didn't draft one of these stud WR's is because Howie sucks at his job. 

If JJAW is on the roster at the start of next season, then we officially have the worst talent evaluating front office in the league, outside of NYJ. We cut/traded Eric Rowe after 1 season for looking below average. JJAW makes him look like an all-pro in comparison. How is this dude still employed?

Edited by Jeezla

On 11/17/2020 at 2:28 PM, EagleBlueDon said:

You'll never convince me Jefferson would be doing here what he's doing in Minnesota. Ever. I think Reagor would be killing it elsewhere quite frankly. He's been solid here but with Doug and Carson, I'm hoping he isn't held back by them too much.

Jefferson would be doing a lot better than Reagor has (which has been essentially nothing) because Jefferson is just a far superior receiver in every aspect. Everyone in the NFL whose remotely respected will tell you that. Everyone's criticisms of Jefferson have been flat wrong... Reagor seemed extremely mediocre to me when I watched him on film and I haven't seen anything from him otherwise that makes me believe differently... I would love to be wrong but he just isn't on Jefferson's level whatsoever... AWFUL miss by Howie. Inexcusable really... Even the Vikings were shocked: https://twitter.com/theJJets/status/1287857994986790913

1 hour ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Jefferson would be doing a lot better than Reagor has (which has been essentially nothing) because Jefferson is just a far superior receiver in every aspect. Everyone in the NFL whose remotely respected will tell you that. Everyone's criticisms of Jefferson have been flat wrong... Reagor seemed extremely mediocre to me when I watched him on film and I haven't seen anything from him otherwise that makes me believe differently... I would love to be wrong but he just isn't on Jefferson's level whatsoever... AWFUL miss by Howie. Inexcusable really... Even the Vikings were shocked: https://twitter.com/theJJets/status/1287857994986790913

Honestly I was meh on Jefferson but high on Reagor.

3 hours ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Jefferson would be doing a lot better than Reagor has (which has been essentially nothing)

Would he if he had the same exact injuries preventing him from playing? That's what I thought.

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Honestly I was meh on Jefferson but high on Reagor.

I liked Jefferson quite a bit, but just liked Reagor's ceiling more and thought he fit what our offense needed more.

Jalen definitely isn't as refined as a route runner, but I'm not worried. These guys are early into their career and Reagor has been out most of the year.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I liked Jefferson quite a bit, but just liked Reagor's ceiling more and thought he fit what our offense needed more.

Jalen definitely isn't as refined as a route runner, but I'm not worried. These guys are early into their career and Reagor has been out most of the year.

Yeah the overreaction from the masses is pretty eye opening tbh. Dude's are literally, what, 9 games into their careers? Of which Reagor has played like 4 or whatever. Crazy.