Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

50 minutes ago, Danger said:

Reportedly trade demands are pretty high, and there are a LOT of potential buyers. It will likely drive up the price more than previously anticipated.

Makes sense, was good last year. Has a ton of time left on his rookie deal.

We have his DC from last year on staff, so we’ll have all we need to know there as far as the typical question marks for players coming from outside the team.

He’s the kinda player we need to add next year in the draft. So I’d be fine with solid compensation.

He’s also from central jersey and supposedly an eagles fan growing up. Not that it matters much,  but if Howie knows that...it probably is a slightly increased chance at extension in 3/4 years.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Makes sense, was good last year. Has a ton of time left on his rookie deal.

We have his DC from last year on staff, so we’ll have all we need to know there as far as the typical question marks for players coming from outside the team.

He’s the kinda player we need to add next year in the draft. So I’d be fine with solid compensation.

He’s also from central jersey and supposedly an eagles fan growing up. Not that it matters much,  but if Howie knows that...it probably is a slightly increased chance at extension in 3/4 years.

I don't even mind giving up our first if he's as good as reports have said he is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't even mind giving up our first if he's as good as reports have said he is. 

Yep, not going to get a better player in the later part of the draft. He’s exactly what we needed to target next year too. Need talent and need youth back there. He’s both.

• Like 1

I doubt they want a 9M slot receiver that has to be resigned to a long term contract next year. 

I think just draft considerations will do. Hell, they traded a possible cornerstone LT. They selling everything at this point. Punting the franchise at least 3 years down the line. Probably enough to get them the QB of their choice when they’re done their fire sale. A 1st would do I imagine.  Possibly more. But Howie is shrewd with this stuff. I doubt he jumps in. Surely, stuck a toe in though. Would be nice to get a young captain back there for the next decade. 

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I doubt they want a 9M slot receiver that has to be resigned to a long term contract next year. 

I think just draft considerations will do. Hell, they traded a possible cornerstone LT. They selling everything at this point. Punting the franchise at least 3 years down the line. Probably enough to get them the QB of their choice when they’re done their fire sale. A 1st would do I imagine.  Possibly more. But Howie is shrewd with this stuff. I doubt he jumps in. Surely, stuck a toe in though. Would be nice to get a young captain back there for the next decade. 

He’s been strangely reserved this year with stuff.

I think this one makes perfect sense for a Howie move because of the age and years of control.

If money looks good next year, sign Clowney, draft a LB with some ability to make plays. And replenish your depth. Need to add people who will make plays on defense. As good as we are, just imagine if we could consistently get turnovers or more 3 and outs. Could bury teams with this offense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm all in on Minkah. Future Malcolm replacement. SAF3/chess piece for this season. Get it done Howie.

I’d like him for sure. One thing about the reports i heard is that he doesn’t like playing multiple positions. But the roving safety position should attract him. 

8 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I’d like him for sure. One thing about the reports i heard is that he doesn’t like playing multiple positions. But the roving safety position should attract him. 

they apparently were having him learn everything besides DL...I think slot corner, CB and safety is good with him

24 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Hopefully he wouldn't be turned off by not being a technical starter. I'm not sure what percentage of snaps Sendejo played, but with a guy like Fitzpatrick in that spot, I'd imagine those snaps would increase, especially given the compensation cost.

10 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Hopefully he wouldn't be turned off by not being a technical starter. I'm not sure what percentage of snaps Sendejo played, but with a guy like Fitzpatrick in that spot, I'd imagine those snaps would increase, especially given the compensation cost.

He could take the Sendejo role. Be our honey badger for the time being and then take over for McCleod or even Jenkins next year, I don’t care. But yea, sounds good to me.