Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

What Ramsey wants means nothing if what teams are willing to give up is nowhere close to the Jags asking price. They might of set a rediculous bar non one wants to meet knowing,  they won't have to trade him?

Honestly have to believe if the Eagles truly wanted him, he'd already be traded for this way he had the mini -TNF Bye to learn the playbook. We damn sure wouldn't be letting him play game after game hoping he doesnt get injured.

Honestly don't know what Jalen is thinking either by playing if he TRULY wants out? Don't give me his teammates BS either because he's one play away from not only not being traded but not getting that massive contract after the season.

They'd just Tag him and "see" how his recovery looks as the excuse?

This is how negotiations work. They demand high. Suitors come in low. And eventually when things boil over, somewhere in the middle is settled. This is 101. Why do people think this is rocket science or some unprecedented event. This happens yearly. 

No one thought the Steelers would give up anything but a first for AB. Or that his contract made him unmovable. In the end a 3rd and a 5th and $20M of dead money later, one of the best WRs of this generation is traded. If Ramsey wants to deal with it that way, he will. He can go the nice guy route and play out his contract as currently situated but he’s gone. Just a matter of time. 

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea....that was a joke. You’re really banged up over this, huh? 

He wants out. He already reconfirmed on a radio show this week. Respect has been lost as he says. Just prepare yourself. 

Banged up over what? We've literally been talking about the excuses that he's had the past several days not to be around the team. I said I believed them due to the people reporting, although it did look eh.

Well, he went on a podcast where he's been vocal about wanting out and still said he puked 4 times and had an IV. He left to be with his wife (people thought it was a cop out and that could be a long term fix to stay away) and yet his child was actually born within a couple days of it and now he's on his way to come play Sunday.

I've said the guy is gone at some point. But I've also said we're not going to move him just to move him unless things go over the deep end in the locker room or behind the scenes where there's no going back. I've followed him for the past few years and although he talks a lot I never saw him dogging it on the field or sitting out to get his way. 

Youve been the literal opposite. So of course when it went the other way I'm going to come in here and post it when the news breaks that those excuses were actual legit (verified via actual reports and from the guy himself) versus just what it looked like.

Doesn't mean I don't think he'll be dealt (he will), but as I've said, unless theres this big falling out I don't see us moving him unless we get an offer we're looking for. Does that mean 2 1sts? No. But I think it'll be more the suggested offers people are saying.

Edited by .Buzz

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Banged up over what? We've literally been talking about the excuses that he's had the past several days not to be around the team. I said I believed them due to the people reporting, although it did look eh.

Well, he went on a podcast where he's been vocal about wanting out and still said he puked 4 times and had an IV. He left to be with his wife (people thought it was a cop out and that could be a long term fix to stay away) and yet his child was actually born within a couple days of it and now he's on his way to come play Sunday.

I've said the guy is gone at some point. But I've also said we're not going to move him just to move him unless things go over the deep end in the locker room or behind the scenes where there's no going back. I've followed him for the past few years and although he talks a lot I never saw him dogging it on the field or sitting out to get his way. 

Youve been the literal opposite. So of course when it went the other way I'm going to come in here and post it when the news breaks that those excuses were actual legit (verified via actual reports and from the guy himself) versus just what it looked like.

I’ve been the opposite? My whole take was that he wants out, he will eventually get his way and the price of 2 1sts will go down each passing day. And really, each passing excuse he has for not being with his team. 

I mean, you can believe everything you read. I choose not to be so naive. When I call out sick from work I also say I puked 4 times to make people believe it. Where’d he get an IV? Did he go to the hospital? Does he have a nurse on call? The guy was in LA the next day. That’s the quickest turn around from the flu I’ve ever heard about. Of course he’ll cover himself to make it look good. I’ve never heard a guy missing a whole week of football for the string of reasons he gave out. Have you? For arguments sake, everything he’s said has been truthful. It doesn’t change his stance. And not mine. He’s going to be traded. Just a matter of time. The longer it goes, the more tenuous it becomes. The more tenuous it becomes, the less value you’ll get back. He may play the good soldier and play Sunday and practice but he’ll eventually tire of the lack of movement and start forcing decisions. 

Every little piece that comes out that helps you feel good about the situation you come here and post about it. But what’s the truth? Dude is leaving. This week or next of the one after. But he’s going to get traded. What do we disagree about? You’ve literally covered your arse in every possible outcome. “I believe him...although things looked meh.” “I believe the guy is gone....at some point.” “We’re not just going to give him away......unless things go off the deep end.” 

It seems we agree very much. Just the point of his excuses are more fabricated than real. 

12 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I’ve been the opposite? My whole take was that he wants out, he will eventually get his way and the price of 2 1sts will go down each passing day. And really, each passing excuse he has for not being with his team. 

I mean, you can believe everything you read. I choose not to be so naive. When I call out sick from work I also say I puked 4 times to make people believe it. Where’d he get an IV? Did he go to the hospital? Does he have a nurse on call? The guy was in LA the next day. That’s the quickest turn around from the flu I’ve ever heard about. Of course he’ll cover himself to make it look good. I’ve never heard a guy missing a whole week of football for the string of reasons he gave out. Have you? For arguments sake, everything he’s said has been truthful. It doesn’t change his stance. And not mine. He’s going to be traded. Just a matter of time. The longer it goes, the more tenuous it becomes. The more tenuous it becomes, the less value you’ll get back. He may play the good soldier and play Sunday and practice but he’ll eventually tire of the lack of movement and start forcing decisions. 

Every little piece that comes out that helps you feel good about the situation you come here and post about it. But what’s the truth? Dude is leaving. This week or next of the one after. But he’s going to get traded. What do we disagree about? You’ve literally covered your arse in every possible outcome. “I believe him...although things looked meh.” “I believe the guy is gone....at some point.” “We’re not just going to give him away......unless things go off the deep end.” 

It seems we agree very much. Just the point of his excuses are more fabricated than real. 

He literally was at the team facility before he left for LA getting IV's help from the team doctor's. Marrone said it in his presser that he came in to get treatment. With Ramsey being as vocal and transparent about his thoughts on trade demand and being one of the realist about a situation than any other player in history via podcasts, you really think he'd make up an excuse for that? 

Regardless, that excuse he made for his family to get away ended up being the birth of his daughter. Now he's on his way to go play a game, so it doesn't look like he's milking the excuses too hard to get out if through all of this he was gone for a whopping 4 days.

Where things currently stand I don't see him being dealt this year. If he is, it will be because someone paid up to where out floor on a price at the very least was. I don't think what we've been offered has touched that, although it looks like waiting could get that out of you guys considering your corner situation is awful.

Also, considering what Gardner has been doing and our schedule being weak the next 6-7 weeks, we're trying to win. Trading Ramsey for strictly picks only puts us back, and it doesn't look to me with the trade request it's affecting him showing up on game day, which truthfully is all that matters.

Edited by .Buzz