Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

They ain't trying to trade him. Gonna be an ugly situation unless Jalen has change of heart. We got to move on, Harris time.

His only way out is to force the Issue, AB style. Only then will the ball get rollin. He's yet to publicly make a stink since the original Trade Me Request, His side supposedly never made public.

If he truly wants out, next couple of days will be telling IMO. Especially after sitting out for the first time ever in Denver.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think I'd rather have Chris Harris Jr. or Xavien Howard (if either of them are even available) for a significantly lower price anyways. Either could be had for what, a 2nd or 3rd?

Xavien Howard probably isn't on the table because he just signed a new contract and them trading him would mean a lot of dead money. 

I'm looking towards Harris now. You're gonna have to pry that second 1st round pick from my cold dead hands for a Corner. Like it or not, one Corner is not going to make this defense magically fixed, anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Xavien Howard probably isn't on the table because he just signed a new contract and them trading him would mean a lot of dead money. 

I'm looking towards Harris now. You're gonna have to pry that second 1st round pick from my cold dead hands for a Corner. Like it or not, one Corner is not going to make this defense magically fixed, anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves.

Yeah I just don't think the dropoff from Ramsey to either of those guys, or another good corner, is worth a difference of 2 first round picks or something around there. I'm interested in trading for a DT on a bad team. Geno Atkins?

The difference is Harris is 30 and probably a rental. And Ramsey is a cornerstone CB that solves one side of the field for 6+ years. The jags are being a little too stingy for the price. And it obviously shows or he’d be gone already. They are tempting fate on this one. It has some serious potential to blow up in their faces. Ramsey has a multi year, multi million dollar contract waiting for him on any team. You keep messing with him and he’ll get his way out, compensation or not. But hell, I’ll take Harris for a 3rd or whatever and be ok with that for a year. Maybe resign him for a year or two, Darby walks, pitch to the Jags again in the offseason. See where that price is. 

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah I just don't think the dropoff from Ramsey to either of those guys, or another good corner, is worth a difference of 2 first round picks or something around there. I'm interested in trading for a DT on a bad team. Geno Atkins?

I've always thought overall, not necessarily on any given season that Geno Atkins was the 3rd best DI in the league. Is he on an expiring contract? As nice as it would be to have 3 pro bowl caliber guys, it doesn't make much sense for us unless we're buying a relatively cheap 1 year rental.

14 hours ago, Kiltman said:

https://twitter.com/brandongowton/status/1179170896361246721?s=21

apparently our (since turned down) offer for Ramsey was a 1st and 2nd

This reeks of old people saying "We can't let players have power." I feel like their 1960's principles aren't going to let him go. If we can't get a CB, trading for a solid pass-rusher would go a long way IMO.

23 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

This reeks of old people saying "We can't let players have power." I feel like their 1960's principles aren't going to let him go. If we can't get a CB, trading for a solid pass-rusher would go a long way IMO.

Maybe if it's Tom Coughlin calling the shots (who is the one that Jalen Ramsey has his primary issues with). But I'm fairly certain that their owners is nothing of the sort.

Yeah for now just go get Chris Harris

Try again later on Ramsey, more time they hold onto him the cheaper he’ll be. Because we’ll have him for a shorter time and he could potentially start pressing the issue more and more.

I wonder if they just aren’t talking to him yet on and extension, or if they are low balling him...and that’s the crux of the issue.

cause pretty much all 31 other teams will sign him.

54 minutes ago, Danger said:

Maybe if it's Tom Coughlin calling the shots (who is the one that Jalen Ramsey has his primary issues with). But I'm fairly certain that their owners is nothing of the sort.

I agree. It was Coughlin that came to mind when I said that.

29 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Harris would be an awesome get. They tried to trade him during the offseason but couldn't find a suitor for whatever reason. The season is lost for Denver. I imagine he'll be getting dealt somewhere.

34 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Try again later on Ramsey, more time they hold onto him the cheaper he’ll be. Because we’ll have him for a shorter time and he could potentially start pressing the issue more and more.

I wonder if they just aren’t talking to him yet on and extension, or if they are low balling him...and that’s the crux of the issue.

cause pretty much all 31 other teams will sign him.

From what I gathered from a local radio interview with Schefty is that he’s not resigning, respect is lost. And the Jags won’t trade him. There’s no price. They won’t move him. Schefty said the Eagles could offer Wentz, Ertz and 2 firsts and it wouldn’t get done. Not right now. Maybe next week it changes though. 

It’s going to get ugly. 

3 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I agree. It was Coughlin that came to mind when I said that.

Harris would be an awesome get. They tried to trade him during the offseason but couldn't find a suitor for whatever reason. The season is lost for Denver. I imagine he'll be getting dealt somewhere.

Chargers take care of business and the Broncos go 0-4, fire sale in Denver. Miller may even go. Who knows. 

I love how the NFL is getting into moving veterans in trades now. Another way Howie has been ahead of the curve. 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

From what I gathered from a local radio interview with Schefty is that he’s not resigning, respect is lost. And the Jags won’t trade him. There’s no price. They won’t move him. Schefty said the Eagles could offer Wentz, Ertz and 2 firsts and it wouldn’t get done. Not right now. Maybe next week it changes though. 

It’s going to get ugly. 

Seems like a really quick way to lose a team built on defensive stars. But what do I know.

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s going to get ugly. 

9 times out of 10. Players are going to win eventually when they're unhappy with the situation around them. Melvin Gordon was the 1, and he really had no ground to stand on.