Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

1 hour ago, Danger said:
1 hour ago, DeJack_10 said:

Cut Sendejo and bring in TJ McDonald?

Hell even DJ Swearinger

Is Sendejo really playing that bad? Honestly haven't seen many games in my area. Not sure adding any FA safety to this secondary with "these CB" right now would be a good thing. Not like this Defense isn't complicated as is. Can't really afford to having another learning on the Fly. Have enough CB doing that slready!

It seems like they really trust Sendejo. And him being in let’s Malcom roam a bit and even stay in pass coverage more. I don’t think he’s going anywhere barring some really awful play. He’s been ok. Outside of a couple bad plays. 

Jordan Matthews signing, if it gives us back our comp, really solves it for me. I’d rather keep Sendejo if all things are equal. 

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

could be still getting that 5th for Tate 

I looked more into it and it seems like we may still be getting a 4th for Tate. 

So, if J Matt stays with the 9ers for 10 weeks this is how it could possibly look:

EAGLES 2020 NFL DRAFT PICKS

1st round

2nd round

3rd round

(3rd round - projected compensatory pick)

4th round

(4th round - projected compensatory pick)

5th round

5th round (from New England Patriots)

(5th round - projected compensatory pick)**

6th round (from Atlanta Falcons)

That 5th can jump to a 4th, I guess, if Tate gets his snap counts up. 

Edited by Jroc04

40 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I looked more into it and it seems like we may still be getting a 4th for Tate. 

So, if J Matt stays with the 9ers for 10 weeks this is how it could possibly look:

EAGLES 2020 NFL DRAFT PICKS

1st round

2nd round

3rd round

(3rd round - projected compensatory pick)

4th round

(4th round - projected compensatory pick)

5th round

5th round (from New England Patriots)

(5th round - projected compensatory pick)**

6th round (from Atlanta Falcons)

That 5th can jump to a 4th, I guess, if Tate gets his snap counts up. 

I think we were for sure getting a 4th for Tate, but as many beats have pointed out. Him taking “fertility pills” and losing 4 weeks of checks could push him down to a 5th

i think it just makes it harder to project since the formula isn’t always easy to predict 

8 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

How in the hell did we pass on Clowney...

I think out of our big 3 (GM/HC/QB)

Howie has had the worst year. Some of it’s not his fault, guys like Malik got hurt. 

But just not a strong showing outside of a few savvy moves. 

I get they want this big chick of cap so they can go after guys next year and deal with the one year ballooning some of the contracts have. But he’s missed some really easy moves. Relying on a bunch of often injured CBs for a second year showing to be extra dumb. As well as letting Bennett and Long go with no real replacement.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

How in the hell did we pass on Clowney...

Bc the team thought and thinks the duo of Barnett and Graham is something that it's not. Clowney outclasses both of them by a country mile. They prob didn't wanna rock the boat with either of them being a backup. BG being a SB hero, and Barnett being a recent 1st round pick trying to be justified. Total garbage.