Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Glad we didn't trade that for Ramsey. Too much for an old team that needs high picks. I know we're not killing the draft in years past but my belief still stands. Ramsey won't move the needle much for the Rams imo.

I agree. Just because they have sucked at drafting recently doesn't mean it will continue. They need those picks. Get PP or Harris cheaper. Maybe get another guy that is at least AVERAGE.

I played a little corner in high school, how would you guys feel if I got a little run in the Eagles secondary? 

In all seriousness, that’s a steep price for Ramsey. Hopefully they pull the trigger on Harris or Pat Pete. We need one solid corner 

8 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I agree. Just because they have sucked at drafting recently doesn't mean it will continue. They need those picks. Get PP or Harris cheaper. Maybe get another guy that is at least AVERAGE.

I just hope that those guys are actually on the block. I haven't heard anything concrete stating that they're available for trade. Honestly I'm not even kidding, I'd try to get both of them.

22 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I’m not happy, we suck at drafting, and our secondary is probably worst in the league, I’d have given up that haul for Ramsey... but I mean that’s a steep price, so I understand it. I really do envy how the Rams are out and improving their holes to salvage a spiraling season. We’re just hoping our mediocre CBs coming back will fix the D? Meh

Have patience the deadline isn't for a couple weeks. We'll make a significant move or two. Probably here soon considering the two vacant roster spots.

Jalen Ramsey would have been great, but I'm not upset that the Eagles didn't give up that much for him. Not having Two 1st Round picks is going to come back and kick the Rams in the butt. They are putting all their eggs in one basket, and I'm not sure if Goff can make it happen. 

I truly believe Harris is just as good of a CB right now as Ramsey. Ramsey wasn't playing like the same as two years ago, and Harris is playing very well even in a poor Broncos team. 

There's no denying two 1's and a 4 is a lot to give up, but you also can't deny Howie has been bad at drafting dating back to the Reid days. Danny Watkins was a Howie pick. 

Trade a 1st for PP, a 2 and a 4 for Chris Harris, and another 1st for Geno Atkins, because we definitely aren't drafting people as good as them. None of us deserve to have to watch this secondary get burnt for 10 more games. 

And trade for Tyler Boyd too. Give them JJAW and Agholor. They can keep AJ. The Bengals suck, and I don't like seeing Pitt studs go to pasture on bad teams like Larry Fitz and Aaron Donald.

Edited by Jeezla

Honestly I think what's just as alarming as our lack of draft presence is our development. There are players that we have drafted that are clearly talented that we just cannot make better players. Aside from carson, can you guys name any player on this team in the last 5-8 years that actually  became, not even better, but *different* from when they were drafted? I feel like the Eagles staff just take players and keep them how they are without even trying to improve them.

Anyone who thinks that Howie is solely responsible for who is drafted is incredibly misguided. The coaches probably play a bigger factor in saying "We want this guy". Howie does maneuver the draft and put them in position to take the players they want, but he's the not one saying "we need this guy and that guy".

The collegiate scouts need to be fired, and the coaches need to do a better job developing players.

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Trade a 1st for PP, a 2 and a 4 for Chris Harris, and another 1st for Geno Atkins, because we definitely aren't drafting people as good as them. None of us deserve to have to watch this secondary get burnt for 10 more games. 

I know Howies a Wizard when it comes to the Cap but WTF is the money coming from for those 3 players to be added?

How much money do we even have allotted for the 2019 season remaining?

44 minutes ago, Danger said:

Anyone who thinks that Howie is solely responsible for who is drafted is incredibly misguided. The coaches probably play a bigger factor in saying "We want this guy". Howie does maneuver the draft and put them in position to take the players they want, but he's the not one saying "we need this guy and that guy".

The collegiate scouts need to be fired, and the coaches need to do a better job developing players.

For sure, it’s a group effort. But it falls back on Howie, he has to sift through the coach love and get good value and players.

I mentioned it before, but I wonder if Doug is too hands off on that stuff. And is just like sure, we’ll make it work. Could him contributing more prior to the draft help land us guys that will be used and we truly need? Is there some kind of breakdown there? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Most successful FO draft to fit their Staff, Coaching styles , Scheme, Philosophies!

It sure doesn't seem like we've been doing that catering towards Schwartz's Defense or Pedersons Offense? 

However this years draft did appear like they were Trying?

Dillard for Peters

Whiteside for Alshon

Sanders as Hopefully  Pedersons version of Westbrook/McCoy?

Edited by Nabbs4u

15 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

The idea of Ramsey was awesome. The actuality of giving up 2 1sts and then all of our cap next year was just not feasible. Howie made the right move. He’ll get one or two pieces in here for much cheaper with much more flexibility I’m certain. Face it, we have some holes on this roster next year and we’re going to need the money to fill them. I mean, if the Jacksons can’t come back strong we’re talking about G, WR(s), CB(s), DT, LB(s), S(?). We’re going to need those firsts and the money spread out a bit. 

14 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Still though. Barnett is decent with some potential. And he’s relatively cheap. You can get really good Gs, Cs, and Ss in the mid to late firsts. It’s a crapshoot, I’ll agree but just because you haven’t been great at it in the past shouldn’t mean you don’t keep trying. I was actually ok with Tate for a 3rd last year and it was awful in retrospect. I’m sure Howie pushed for Ramsey but had his walking away point. The rams went the extra mile. And really, they’re still the third best team in their division. They could have made a huge mistake. 

@Jroc04 Spittin the truth as always.

I was all in for Ramsey too but two firsts and a 4th is a ton. The Rams are going to fall apart with this move because they're now over inflated at the top and don't draft picks to bring in cheap talent. It sucks for use but I'd much rather have someone like Harris or Peterson if that is the cost for Ramsey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

@Jroc04 Spittin the truth as always.

I was all in for Ramsey too but two firsts and a 4th is a ton. The Rams are going to fall apart with this move because they're now over inflated at the top and don't draft picks to bring in cheap talent. It sucks for use but I'd much rather have someone like Harris or Peterson if that is the cost for Ramsey.

I agree with this after reflection. The initial loss of not getting the player burned, but now that the dust has settled the price was just too steep. That said, I still have major doubts we actually make a move. I wouldn't put it past Howie to look at our DBs getting healthy and think that is going to fix the issues we have and that just isn't enough. We need to do something.