Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

26 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Foles getting benched... This hypothetical needs to be brought up. Foles' 22 mil salary in 2020 is fully guaranteed. Minshew's the guy in JAX and it's no secret they're going to try to offload Nick. 

Here's the hypothetical. Knowing we can easily trade for Nick, should we trade Carson if another team is willing to sell the house for him?

I understand Carson is the better QB, but am I wrong in saying Carson in Philly just doesn't seem right? I'm in no way blaming him for the teams putrid play. Coaching is bad, talent level just isn't there, injuries, yada yada yada. But it just feels like Nick belongs in Philly. There's more rhythm in the offense, play-calling somehow gets better, the energy magically gets turned up a notch... and let's not forget there's a friggin' statue of the guy that Carson has to walk by every day.

This is a terrible idea. 

• Like 6

This is the first time I’m thinking about a haul over Carson. I don’t blame Carson for this team’s issues but you may have to consider a big trade deal if someone is willing. I ultimately wouldn’t do it. Even finding a competent QB is hard enough. But ears start to perk up when multiple 1st rounders gets thrown around. Team needs a lot all of a sudden and young stars would be a good start. 

4 hours ago, Eagles23 said:

This is a terrible idea. 

Haha, I expected this to be the general sentiment. We can point to so many different things as the problem. But at what point do we stop overthinking it and say, "We're just better with BDN."

He's already a Philly hero and the team just responds better when he's under center (players and coaches). 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

This is the first time I’m thinking about a haul over Carson. I don’t blame Carson for this team’s issues but you may have to consider a big trade deal if someone is willing. I ultimately wouldn’t do it. Even finding a competent QB is hard enough. But ears start to perk up when multiple 1st rounders gets thrown around. Team needs a lot all of a sudden and young stars would be a good start. 

You are assuming we will hit and develop those draft picks. Two things we suck at. 

• Like 1

Just stop, please stop!

If this isn't McNabb drama all over again with you guys I don't know what is. This obsession you guys have over getting rid of a REAL FQB because of some miraculous run or few games by a Back up QB is mindboggling to me?

Jeff Garcia,  Kevin Kolb, Mike Vick, .......

Yes Foles will go down in Eagles lore but the more you look back at the 2017 run the clearer it is, that it was a Fluke! A TEAM that rallied behind the Underdog theme, stepped up with numerous starters out and accomplished the miraculous! Foles did his best Joe Flacco impersonation and cashed in,  since Joe!

Wentz is the only thing besides Lane on Offense we have to build around. Period!

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

You are assuming we will hit and develop those draft picks. Two things we suck at. 

Unless we're blown away by an offer we can't refuse, I see no reason to even entertain trading Carson. 

That said, the mentality of "we can't draft so we shouldn't try", is probably the most moronic thing I've ever heard. It's like saying "I shouldn't do blow, but I haven't been able to kick the habit the last couple times so why should I try?"

55 minutes ago, Danger said:

Unless we're blown away by an offer we can't refuse, I see no reason to even entertain trading Carson. 

That said, the mentality of "we can't draft so we shouldn't try", is probably the most moronic thing I've ever heard. It's like saying "I shouldn't do blow, but I haven't been able to kick the habit the last couple times so why should I try?"

Almost as Moronic as trading away a MVP Caliber FQB who hasn't even reached his prime. Just saying!

• Like 1

I’m not saying we shouldn’t try and draft. I’m saying that we would be shooting ourselves in the foot by trading a FQB and depending on something we’re not good at   to make up for it. 

Finding a franchise QB is the hardest thing and doing it without someone on the roster is asking for disaster. All things being equal I would fire Doug before getting read of Wentz. Good coaches are easier to find that franchise QBs.

Its funny, watching the Pats everybody (the announcers) make every excuse for Brady. He has no weapons, he has no time to throw, his receivers are dropping ball and running wrong routes etc. But when it comes to Wentz, they just blame Wentz and say how he is has regressed. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Its funny, watching the Pats everybody (the announcers) make every excuse for Brady. He has no weapons, he has no time to throw, his receivers are dropping ball and running wrong routes etc. But when it comes to Wentz, they just blame Wentz and say how he is has regressed. 

Brady has a bit of a track record, no?