MIA loses LG Josh Sitton for season with torn rotator cuff

Broncofan

Tough break for the Fish for a few reasons:

1.  Obvious issues with a thin OL already, Ted Larsen takes over.

2.  LT Tunsil pairing with a decent LG was supposed to be a key factor to his turning around the sophomore struggles.

3.  For the cash-strapped Fish, only a few priority signings they could make, so sucks they didn't even get more than a game on the roster for one of them.

Still, not like other teams don't get injuries - depth matters so much.  Next man up, we'll see how MIA fares against a NYJ DL that certainly brought the heat vs. DET (of course, knowing the plays when the O came up to the LOS does help too).

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Ted Larsen was the starter last year so he does have experience. He is a downgrade, though.

Yeah I know Sitton was your FA signing.  Jets blitz more then most teams to begin with normally so I expect them to target him with stunts and overloads to test him.

I am wondering if this might be a low cost solution.

Browns released OG Spencer Drango in their cut to 53 this season. Spencer is truly a guard, but played the better part of last year as a sub for the now retired LT Joe Thomas. I thought that given he was a second year player playing out of position (and on an island at LT) he did an acceptable job.

He can be had just for the cost of the contract

2 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Browns released OG Spencer Drango in their cut to 53 this season. Spencer is truly a guard, but played the better part of last year as a sub for the now retired LT Joe Thomas. I thought that given he was a second year player playing out of position (and on an island at LT) he did an acceptable job.

I forwarded this to Dolphins HQ, cheers! (kidding)

Bummer when you fix a problem that's haunted your team for years...but for only one game. It's been a mystery to me how Guard has been such a problem for Miami to correct. Shouldn't Guard one of the easiest positions to find a serviceable solution?

42 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

I liked Drango coming out, wouldn't mind if we took a look at him.

Archived