MIA loses LG Josh Sitton for season with torn rotator cuff

Broncofan

6 hours ago, FinSting said:

I forwarded this to Dolphins HQ, cheers! (kidding)

Bummer when you fix a problem that's haunted your team for years...but for only one game. It's been a mystery to me how Guard has been such a problem for Miami to correct. Shouldn't Guard one of the easiest positions to find a serviceable solution?

Ideally, yeah it should be a lot easier to focus your resources on strong tackle play and then just plug and play guards and centers.  But this is where the loss of Pouncey will hurt most since he was able to play every position along the interior line

26 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

There are actually some interesting options on the FA market:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2018/all/offensive-line/

Alex Boone is one who caught my eye.

Evans for me. He was solid last year for the Packers. Was hoping the niners would sign him (better than that Cooper fiasco) especially after two guards went down in the opener. He's long in the tooth, but obviously you're just looking for someone for the year

13 hours ago, StinkySauce said:

That's a bummer.  Cheers, Sitton.   We miss you in GB!

Seems like Sitton is a warrior...he wanted to play through the injury but the Fins were like 'brah you risk your career if you play with this injury...get the surgery instead and come back next year.'

Seems like Sitton is a warrior...he wanted to play through the injury but the Fins were like 'brah you risk your career if you play with this injury...get the surgery instead and come back next year.'

That’s no surprise. Sitting and Lang were both tough sobs in GB.

I mean, all these guys play hurt.  But I just imagine if you had to instantly switch places with one guy who was "playing hurt" to experience their pain, you would definitely not want to switch with Sitton.

On 9/14/2018 at 7:19 PM, footbull3196 said:

Ideally, yeah it should be a lot easier to focus your resources on strong tackle play and then just plug and play guards and centers.  But this is where the loss of Pouncey will hurt most since he was able to play every position along the interior line

Pouncey was actually pretty horrible at Guard and Center for us the last few years he was with us. And that's when he actually saw the field. His hips are pretty much done, which is a kiss of death for an interior lineman. A team doctor said he'd likely need hip replacement before he's 40. And that's if he stopped playing football.

Archived