Week 2 Overreations

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Bengals defense will be top 5 in the league.

Top 5 in turnovers maybe, but top 5 in points allowed or yards is definitely an overreaction haha.

3 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

CJ Uzomah is the best tight end on the Bengals...

Also feel like this may not be an overreaction either.

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

That's Cleveland only.  Southern Ohio, for the most part, could care less.

Oh ok.  I guess that makes sense.  Being from Minnesota, I'm used to having teams that represent the entire state.  On the football side of things, I know you guys haven't had much to cheer about for a long time.  Hopefully, that will change before too long.

7 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

That's Cleveland only.  Southern Ohio, for the most part, could care less.

That makes sense. Cincy hasn't been into basketball in years. That was the reason that the Royals left in 1972 (although, if Maurice Stokes doesn't have his accident, and him and Oscar Robertson combine to win some chips in the 60's, Cincinnati may have grown to love hoops a lot more).

9 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

That makes sense. Cincy hasn't been into basketball in years. That was the reason that the Royals left in 1972 (although, if Maurice Stokes doesn't have his accident, and him and Oscar Robertson combine to win some chips in the 60's, Cincinnati may have grown to love hoops a lot more).

The University of Cincinnati and Xavier completely cover the basketball market in Cincy.  The city just doesn't care about the NBA

6 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Tampa Bay after "upsetting" the Eagles: TB SUPER BOWL CONTENDERS

I had Tampa in the playoffs so that wouldn't surprise me.  Same with the Bengals.

Both teams have lots of talent.  I wouldn't call the Bucs beating what looks like a very average Eagles team (after the kickoff game) that much of an upset.

The Eagles are definitely NOT an average team IMO.  They are loaded across the roster and Foles started off slowly last year in relief of Wentz before getting into form in the latter half of the playoffs.  Their performance against Atlanta is more a testament to Atlanta's outstanding defensive play IMO.  The Falcons certainly moved the ball right down the field against that defense all game as well but we are talking about one of the most talented offenses in the NFL here, and they still couldn't put up many points against what I consider to be one of the best defenses in the NFL (Eagles) either.  

I would actually be very surprised if we see anything like the kind of performance out of that Bucs offense (and Fitzmagic) against that Eagles defense that we saw vs the Saints last week.  IMO the Saints defense (and their "HOF" rookies) was exposed by a pretty talented Bucs offense, but the Eagles defense is on a whole nother level. 

Still, TB is playing at home and Fitz is a very streaky QB so if he can manage to continue his level of play from last week for another game TB can certainly win tomorrow.  I'd imagine given the Foles-factor that we will see a relatively close game either way, with the winner coming down to the 4th quarter and depending largely on the TO battle throughout the game. 

Archived