Week 2 Overreations

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Fournette was a wasted pick.

Well we're in the right thread.

Serious answer to this is that they just gameplay better when they don't have Fournette to lean on. Lots of smart pass plays, options and other stuff. They haven't quite figured out how to do this when he's out there and they can rely on him.

9 minutes ago, pwny said:

They haven't.

Pat Mahomes has thrown 10 TDs in two games. The Jaguars demoralized the Pats without Leonard Fournette. The Ravens had a bigger win in week one than this game the Rams are getting crowned for.

The Chiefs won by less than a score against the Steelers. The Jags played a really good game too. The Ravens have Flacco. Their chances IMO are irrelevant.

I'm not taking away from the Chiefs or Jaguars. I just think the Rams have the potential to have a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense. I don't expect that from the Chiefs or Jaguars, with all due respect. Doesn't mean they aren't also good teams. They obviously are. I just think the ceiling for the Rams is sky high.

Pat Mahomes is the best QB in the league and *wait for it* it's not even close!

Mahomes = 10TD's on 55 Att (18.1%)<---TD/Att %
Big Ben = 4TD's on 101 Att (3.9%)
Rodgers = 4TD's on 72 Att (5.5%)
Brady   = 5TD's on 74 Att (6.8%)
Ryan    = 2TD's on 71 Att (2.8%)
Brees   = 5TD's on 80 Att (6.3%)
Rivers  = 6TD's on 78 Att (7.7%)

Seriously though...that is crazy good! Damn near 1 out of every 5 throws have went for a TD.

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

Seriously though...that is crazy good! Damn near 1 out of every 5 throws have went for a TD.

Sounds sustainable. 

On 9/15/2018 at 8:10 PM, megatechpc said:

The Eagles are definitely NOT an average team IMO.  They are loaded across the roster and Foles started off slowly last year in relief of Wentz before getting into form in the latter half of the playoffs.  Their performance against Atlanta is more a testament to Atlanta's outstanding defensive play IMO.  The Falcons certainly moved the ball right down the field against that defense all game as well but we are talking about one of the most talented offenses in the NFL here, and they still couldn't put up many points against what I consider to be one of the best defenses in the NFL (Eagles) either.  

I would actually be very surprised if we see anything like the kind of performance out of that Bucs offense (and Fitzmagic) against that Eagles defense that we saw vs the Saints last week.  IMO the Saints defense (and their "HOF" rookies) was exposed by a pretty talented Bucs offense, but the Eagles defense is on a whole nother level. 

Still, TB is playing at home and Fitz is a very streaky QB so if he can manage to continue his level of play from last week for another game TB can certainly win tomorrow.  I'd imagine given the Foles-factor that we will see a relatively close game either way, with the winner coming down to the 4th quarter and depending largely on the TO battle throughout the game. 

I love how this comment aged since it was made yesterday. Regarding both the "HOF rookie defenders" on the Saints being "exposed", and the Eagles defense being so good that they will shut Fitzpatrick down.

57 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Fitz leads the NFL in rating, yards, yards per attempt, first down percentage, and has 8 TDs on 61 attempts.

Archived