GOAT Sandwich settled...what topic next????

MWil23

3 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

They are. A REAL Monte Cristo is about as rare as hens teeth nowadays. I rarely find one on the menu. When I order it I am usually like, "Dude... that ain't a Monte Cristo. That is a grilled ham n swiss that you sprinkled some powdered sugar on."

There's a chain called Cheddar's that does it pretty well. The oddest thing is they've got so many locations in America and in GA, but none that close to Atlanta. They're Darden-owned.

3 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

They are. A REAL Monte Cristo is about as rare as hens teeth nowadays. I rarely find one on the menu. When I order it I am usually like, "Dude... that ain't a Monte Cristo. That is a grilled ham n swiss that you sprinkled some powdered sugar on."

For sure.

There’s an Ohio chain called Melt that does them right.  Whole sandwich battered, dipped and fried.

thumb_600.jpg?1348540224

I sub out the American cheese for provolone, but other than that, it’s perfect.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For sure.

There’s an Ohio chain called Melt that does them right.  Whole sandwich battered, dipped and fried.

thumb_600.jpg?1348540224

I’ve yet to find a use for American cheese 

19 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

it does have an optimal melting point, but thats half the problem. its used everywhere

If I can melt it between my thighs I think I have an idea for it’s first real use 

can’t get into details obvi. Not until the patent has been filed. I’ve already said too much. 

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Not sure if a Sailor Sandwich is just a local thing or not, but I was surprised to not see it listed on here.  It is delicious:

the-sailor.jpg

Its traditionally hot pastrami, knackwurst, swiss cheese and spicy mustard on rye bread.  

That looked like a big stick of summer sausage cut lengthwise and I was about the ban you. 

I know a guy who cuts summer sausage into thick slices and eats it like a sammich. Disgusting.

20 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For sure.

thumb_600.jpg?1348540224

I think I've only had it with swiss, is American what the sandwich traditionally calls for? American cheese rarely works and definitely won't work with the sweetness of the sandwich. 

Archived