GOAT Sandwich settled...what topic next????

MWil23

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Italian beef is getting mad disrespect here right now.

Italian beef is delicious, but it comes back to it still being, at best, the 3rd best beef sandwich, clearly behind the Philly and the Reuben. The Banh Mi is also a nice Vietnamese option...plus it's misleading, because you can have chicke/pork/beef Banh Mi sandwiches.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

5 vs. 12

Lobster Roll vs. BLT (I've never had a good lobster roll, so I guess that impacts this vote).

6 vs. 11

Italian Beef vs. Bahn Mi (I don't know how they grill that pork, but goodness - it's SO good, could eat that pork straight).

7 vs. 10

Monte Cristo vs. Club (deep fried sandwich > not deep fried sandwich).

8 vs. 9

French Dip vs. Pulled Pork w/slaw (This one is crushing to me) Slaw puts it over the top. Pulled pork doesn't hurt either. 

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

5 vs. 12

Lobster Roll vs. BLT (I've never had a good lobster roll, so I guess that impacts this vote).

6 vs. 11

Italian Beef vs. Bahn Mi (I don't know how they grill that pork, but goodness - it's SO good, could eat that pork straight).

7 vs. 10

Monte Cristo vs. Club (deep fried sandwich > not deep fried sandwich).

8 vs. 9

French Dip vs. Pulled Pork w/slaw (This one is crushing to me) Slaw puts it over the top. Pulled pork doesn't hurt either. 

@ET80, we were both absolutely on the same page as per usual, save one. I also had the crushing weight of picking French Dip over Pulled Pork w/slaw, but in my defense, my wife makes the best French Dips ever, and she makes them on a semi-regular basis.

25 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Everyone has one and you're sick of that dbag parent who raised a BLT?

More like they're all fantastic and it's impossible to pick, although in certain situations, some of your kids are better than others. My oldest is super sensitive/sweet and will melt your heart. She's kind and super sunshiny. I'd bet that she's the most popular kid in her class/Miss Congeniality, but I worry about her holding her own. My middle is a feisty little one...she's a fighter. Different sandwiches have different strengths/weaknesses.

36 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Ranking these favorite sandwiches is like picking a favorite child.

Come here to Virginia or Maryland for a Crab Cake Sandwich. The decision is made simple.

Robert Duvall on why he moved to Virginia: "Fresh Crab Cakes."

Edit: Quick google you can find his moms recipe.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Done. Let's do this.

1. Philly
2. Reuben
3. Cuban
4. Poh Boy
5. Lobstah Roll
6. Italian Beef
7. Monte Cristo (@ me I don't care)
8. French Dip
9. Pulled pork
10. Club
11. Bahn Mi
12. BLT

(Potential Bracket busters with the BLT and Bahn Mi at 11/12.)

1-4 BYE:

5 vs. 12

Lobster Roll vs. BLT

6 vs. 11

Italian Beef vs. Bahn Mi

7 vs. 10

Monte Cristo vs. Club

8 vs. 9

French Dip vs. Pulled Pork w/slaw (This one is crushing to me)

Gotta agree with Brownies...I love me some bacon as much as the next guy, but cot damn some cold lobster on a warm, buttery roll wins every time.

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

BLT’s over lahbstah rolls????

wtf is happening here?

The BLT is my comfort food. I take a bite out of a well made BLT (sourdough bread obviously) and it takes me to another place and time. It's almost unexplainable. 

Archived