GOAT Sandwich settled...what topic next????

MWil23

I finally made the Gordan Ramsay Ultimate Steak Sandwich tonight. Everything on its own was amazing. The steak turned out great (color and taste), the tomato/onion/pepper jam was delicious (I may make this for other stuff), the mustard/mayo combo was good, and the ciabatta bread was toasted to perfection. But once combined, it was a small letdown.

In his video he had thick cuts of steak and it looked amazing. I did one sandwich thick and one thin. While both looked great, they were tough to eat without really biting at the steak. It became pretty messy and it was a chore to eat. If you make this, cut your steak into thinner slices. The meat that I had to work with also had more fat than I would have liked, so this may have contributed to that. Has anyone else tried making this?

@jonu62882@ramssuperbowl99

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I finally made the Gordan Ramsay Ultimate Steak Sandwich tonight. Everything on its own was amazing. The steak turned out great (color and taste), the tomato/onion/pepper jam was delicious (I may make this for other stuff), the mustard/mayo combo was good, and the ciabatta bread was toasted to perfection. But once combined, it was a small letdown.

In his video he had thick cuts of steak and it looked amazing. I did one sandwich thick and one thin. While both looked great, they were tough to eat without really biting at the steak. It became pretty messy and it was a chore to eat. If you make this, cut your steak into thinner slices. The meat that I had to work with also had more fat than I would have liked, so this may have contributed to that. Has anyone else tried making this?

@jonu62882@ramssuperbowl99

What cut did you use?  Was it a filet?  One of the best steak sandwiches I've had (along the lines of a gourmet steak sandwich like Ramsay's) was at a place in Manhattan.  I believe they used skirt steak for their cut of meat and then added in caramelized onions, avocado, tomato, lettuce, and swiss.  I forget what they used for spread, but it was delicious and the steak was just super tender and melted in your mouth.

I would definitely say the slices of meat can't be too thick. 

On 9/28/2018 at 4:50 PM, Shady Slim said:

firstly i am abhorred because y’all didn’t put garlic bread on here so shame shame on you for that

moreover here comes me with his terrible tastes to put em in the real man order

1. gyoza
  2. nachos
  3. wings
  4. poutine
  5. jalapeno poppers
  6. cheese curds
  7. shrimp cocktail
  8. crab rangoon
  9. crab cakes
  10. taquitos
  11. bloomin onion
  12. fried pickle

any man who doesn’t rank gyoza first is a racist and i will not hear arguments otherwise

This is the first thing you and I will ever disagree about. And its enough that I  am going to meet you in a walmart parking lot and settle this like a hooligan. 

Archived