Starting QB after the suspension

bucsfan333

Do we give Jameis the reigns after his suspension, no matter how Fitzmagic is playing? Do we hold off a week (since week three is Monday night) and give Jameis a week plus to get ready? Do we keep Jameis on the sideline and ride out Fitzmagic until the wheels fall off?

What say you? I don't want all our other threads to turn into Jameis debates. So let's keep all that discussion here.

So here are my thoughts....

This is gonna have to be a wait and see approach.  It will be dependent upon a number of factors.

1. How well is Fitz playing.  Is he throwing open receivers, making the difficult passes, or is he just hitting open receivers and managing the game.

2. How does Winston look after the suspension bc if he looks like he did in the preseason then I don't care if Fitz is throwing for 400 yards a game Winston get the nod.

3. What is the teams record after the susoension.  Is the team losing and why are they losing.  Is the team winning and why are they winning.

4. How do they both look in practice leading up to the game week 4.  Let them battle it out a bit in practice that week.  

6 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Do we give Jameis the reigns after his suspension, no matter how Fitzmagic is playing? Do we hold off a week (since week three is Monday night) and give Jameis a week plus to get ready? Do we keep Jameis on the sideline and ride out Fitzmagic until the wheels fall off?

What say you? I don't want all our other threads to turn into Jameis debates. So let's keep all that discussion here.

Start Jameis. Fitzpatrick will continue to be a good QB if our OL holds up like it did. Hell ANY QB with a decent arm can play good if our OL holds up. We need to know what we got out of Winston. 

Judging from last years starts and this Sunday’s. Fitzpatrick has never had this Arsenal in his career. 

Fitzpatricks weaknesses has always been physical Limitations and bad teams. He doesn’t have the strongest arm. 

His football iq is very high. Probably one of the smartestest guys in the league. 

What I see the difference from him and Jameis. Situational football. Winston lacks awareness. He holds the ball too long to make a decision and doesn’t see the field well and at the rate a starting qb should. Physically he’s the stronger athlete. His awareness is poor. 

Fitzpatrick did a great job of finding the open guy and getting it out quickly. Monken May have been the play caller but it’s still the same scheme. 

Consider we play the Bears D on a short week then have a bye week 5.

If Fitz is crushing it still then I think he gets the nod week 4 because it’s a short week and Jameis could use more than 3 days to regain rhythm with the offense after a month off. 

If Fitz is starting to look human and shaky, even if he’s 3-0, I think Jameis gets the nod week 4 because he should give us the best chance to win.

Bottom line is Jameis will start after the bye, but if he starts week 4 will depend on how much magic Fitz still has left.

16 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Deleting my posts? 

If they add nothing worthwhile to discussion and appear to be more like trolling, yes. Yes, I am deleting posts.

I'm trying to maintain a semblence of peace. And posts like the one I deleted do nothing to help with it.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2018/09/playcaller-overblown-says-bucs-wr/#more-205289

i wonder why we’re executing ? Oh wait maybe because fitz sees the open receivers that were charted as open last year? 

I still remember tony romo last year destroying winston on not seeing open receivers all game on Thursday night against the pats.

1 hour ago, deuces22wild said:

Zero chance Fitz comes out if he continues to walk on water. I ride him until the wheels fall off. If he is pushed to the bench while playing great or even good the locker room could blow up. 

Djax has already stated this to ride Fitzpatrick if this continues. 

I do know most bucs fans will want him out if he has one bad or below average game which I can see in Chicago on a short week. 

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2018/09/playcaller-overblown-says-bucs-wr/#more-205289

i wonder why we’re executing ? Oh wait maybe because fitz sees the open receivers that were charted as open last year? 

I still remember tony romo last year destroying winston on not seeing open receivers all game on Thursday night against the pats.

I don’t remember many short throws being dialed up under DK.

Archived