Starting QB after the suspension

bucsfan333

this is tough.  I'd rather have jameis start week 5 regardless how fitz is playing.  I say that because I'm a believer that the main reason for our success so far has been a sense of urgency and execution this off-season from the whole offense and it's carried over into the regular season 

I think jameis plays very well when he gets back into the lineup, definitely not as good as week 1,2 fitzmagic but good enough to score a lot of points.  from all reports it seemed jameis was playing just as good as fitzpatrick in practice and preseason.  I'll come back and admit I'm wrong if jameis stinks it up but I don't think he will,  I feel like he has taken that next step.

I don't think anyone thinks Winston will stink the joint up. I mean how could he with the weapons we have. The level for Winston shouldn't "be as good as Fitzpatrick" either. With his past and how well Fitz is playing this should be a learning lesson for Winston. I think he is the long term guy here but this should put him on notice. The team is rallying behind Fitz right now let's ride the wave.  

you bring up a good point about this being a learning lesson for jameis.  I did not think of that when I made my post.   jameis is probably beating himself up right now he is not with the team right now.   I was thinking that we could possibly not have jameis play all year and that would be bad for his development, but if this situation he put himself in makes him not goof up anymore off the field this will be good.  he still has 10-15 years left of good football potentially.

This Steelers game is the one that will matter.  If we lose or Fitz doesn't play like the last 2 games I think JW will be the QB next Sunday.  I do think they should make it a competition in practice but based on JW play preseason he is clearly the better QB and looks locked in and focused.  

Now if the bucs win then I think they keep riding the magic from Fitzmagic

I'd give it to Fitz until the bye, at the least. We've got a short week before Chicago. Then our bye after that. Give Jameis a couple extra days to get back in rhythm with everyone, not a couple days less.

But if Fitz continues his hot streak, ride it out. We're the Bucs, not the Winstons. It doesn't matter who plays QB if we're winning and the offense is rolling.

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

This Steelers game is the one that will matter.  If we lose or Fitz doesn't play like the last 2 games I think JW will be the QB next Sunday.  I do think they should make it a competition in practice but based on JW play preseason he is clearly the better QB and looks locked in and focused.  

Now if the bucs win then I think they keep riding the magic from Fitzmagic

Absolutely not happening. 

2 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

Fitzpatrick will start as long as he is healthy, or throws 30 interceptions. There is no way Jameis starts unless either of those happen now. I guarantee it. 

I know you don’t like Jameis or anything that resembles him but this is a really bad take. I’m not saying Jameis starts week 6, especially if Fitz is still winning with the hot hand, but he’s coming back at some point. My guess is once the team shifts toward him and he starts out playing Fitz in practice. Weeks 8-10 is probably what we’re looking at.

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I know you don’t like Jameis or anything that resembles him but this is a really bad take. I’m not saying Jameis starts week 6, especially if Fitz is still winning with the hot hand, but he’s coming back at some point. My guess is once the team shifts toward him and he starts out playing Fitz in practice. Weeks 8-10 is probably what we’re looking at.

IDk. The offense is clicking with fitz. I mean when did you see that type of chemistry after a win like Jackson and fitzmagic had? 

Also Jackson stated not to bench Fitzpatrick if he has the hot hand. That could ruin the locker room. 

12 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Well, I thought it may be my hate blinders on when coming to this prediction, but I've heard all the talking heads on these talk shows say the same thing. And I usually don't listen much to them, but I wanted to see what they said about this. I almost wish he WOULD start so everyone can see he will still be making the same bad decisions and not hitting Jackson on the deep ball. 

30 interceptions is an exaggeration obviously, but you get the point. 

58 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Well, I thought it may be my hate blinders on when coming to this prediction, but I've heard all the talking heads on these talk shows say the same thing. And I usually don't listen much to them, but I wanted to see what they said about this. I almost wish he WOULD start so everyone can see he will still be making the same bad decisions and not hitting Jackson on the deep ball. 

30 interceptions is an exaggeration obviously, but you get the point. 

I think some people have the winston blinders on because 59 Turnovers in 45 games is pathetic. If he wasn’t a number 1 pick he’d been benched. 

Archived