Starting QB after the suspension

bucsfan333

On 22/09/2018 at 6:38 PM, bucsfan333 said:

I'd give it to Fitz until the bye, at the least. We've got a short week before Chicago. Then our bye after that. Give Jameis a couple extra days to get back in rhythm with everyone, not a couple days less.

But if Fitz continues his hot streak, ride it out. We're the Bucs, not the Winstons. It doesn't matter who plays QB if we're winning and the offense is rolling.

This is the most likely outcome. 

Unless Fitz absolutely stinks tomorrow night, it’ll be him starting week 4. We’ll then reassess at the bye week.

The coaching staff is keen to see what Winston does in this version of the offence, so we’ll see him eventually. Possibly even in garbage time scenario in Chicago.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yeah. I didn't understand the point of the article. It said exactly what everyone is saying. ?

It's gonna be Fitz until/unless he comes back down to Earth.

JBF seems to go through spells where they post stuff stating the obvious. That said, it’s usually just when they report what the national media is saying.

I don’t think there’s a single person who thinks Fitz, in this form, should be benched. Going by the stories going around last week, that includes Winston.

There's no need to wait. Give him a couple days to get the game plan and throw to our weapons and we're good to go.

Fitzmagic played his ******* *** off. He deserves every ounce of love. But he's banged up. He got us to 2-1 and almost stole one away tonight. That was the plan a month ago. Let him rest that knee before he tears something.

7 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

There's no need to wait. Give him a couple days to get the game plan and throw to our weapons and we're good to go.

Fitzmagic played his ******* *** off. He deserves every ounce of love. But he's banged up. He got us to 2-1 and almost stole one away tonight. That was the plan a month ago. Let him rest that knee before he tears something.

What a guy. Maybe if he’d just clean his act up off the field maybe this would be positive? 

P.S. I hope none of those street free agents sign with a division foe. ? 

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Impressive

My concern with Fitz is how is the physical abuse starting to diminish his ability to perform.  How many other 35+ QBs take the shots Fitz has endured during the first 3 games?  For me, it is a major concern.  This offense reminds me of The Greatest Show on Turf in St Louis.  Warner was terrific, but from the hits he wore down.  At the time, Warner was younger and bigger then Fitz.  

The guy is tough as nails, but he needs to be relatively healthy especially with his age to maintain arm strength to continue to perform.  I thought he favored his right knee last night.

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

My concern with Fitz is how is the physical abuse starting to diminish his ability to perform.  How many other 35+ QBs take the shots Fitz has endured during the first 3 games?  For me, it is a major concern.  This offense reminds me of The Greatest Show on Turf in St Louis.  Warner was terrific, but from the hits he wore down.  At the time, Warner was younger and bigger then Fitz.  

The guy is tough as nails, but he needs to be relatively healthy especially with his age to maintain arm strength to continue to perform.  I thought he favored his right knee last night.

He threw a lot off his back foot. And there was a decent chunk of those throws that he could've stepped into without taking a hit. Something was wrong.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He threw a lot off his back foot. And there was a decent chunk of those throws that he could've stepped into without taking a hit. Something was wrong.

His style of play and scheme is a double edge sword.  The results are impressive, but he is taking direct hard shots that Brady, Brees, and Manning just don't take.  Big Ben survives because he is huge.  

Archived