Starting QB after the suspension

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Welp. It's already decided. Gotta think that means we get Fitzmagic for at least one more week.

I think the plan is honestly to see how fitz is health wise.  If he is good to go then he will get the starting nod.  If he bombs to start the game then we might see JW in the second half to get the rust off 

2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2018/09/25/ryan-fitzpatrick-played-better-than-you-may-think/

when you have timecto break down the film this is the issues we had that first half. 

People talking like fitz played awful. 

I wish you’d have this same energy when Winston has multi interception games...

Anyway, I’m not mad one bit about the first INT. The second INT though was just a terrible throw. Mike Evans decision to find the hole in the zone was smart. If Evans continues his route and runs toward that football Fitz literally hangs him out to dry for a big hit. Edmonds is going to at least knock his head off. 

Third INT,  Fitz waited way too long to get the ball out. Brate is initially wide open but Fitz holds onto the ball. Just terrible football in the first half. He played much better second half though. 

Not to mention the last drive of the game. First down, dropped INT. Second down, dropped INT. Third down, forced pass into coverage.

Fitz balled his *** off on one leg. But he had a rough day throwing the ball throughout the game. And there were times he held onto the ball way too long and just took the sack for no reason.

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

See, @ravishingone? ?

All in the eye of the beholder.  So shoddy guard play causes a QB to have issues, you dont t say.   Hey, let s face it, the guard play was absolutely stellar last season.  ?  The inevitable is going to happen sooner then later because the family signing the checks wants it to happen.  

I m just trying to figure out how the DC gets a pass whose coaching career I'm Tampa literally has been the worst since Kiffin.  When you look at the slop since Monte, that is really saying something.

7 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I m just trying to figure out how the DC gets a pass whose coaching career I'm Tampa literally has been the worst since Kiffin.  When you look at the slop since Monte, that is really saying something.

They showed a stat during the Lions game, saying Stafford's defenses have given up an average of over 24 points per game. That was the highest or second highest a QB has ever had to play against over a 10 year career. Or something like that.

Jameis' defenses have given up even more during his short career.

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Not to mention the last drive of the game. First down, dropped INT. Second down, dropped INT. Third down, forced pass into coverage.

Fitz balled his *** off on one leg. But he had a rough day throwing the ball throughout the game. And there were times he held onto the ball way too long and just took the sack for no reason.

I rather take these lumps with a young promising QB. Fitz did well in his three game stint. Exceeded expectations. 

I truly believe all the scenarios were discussed by ownership before the season started.  I don't think the plan changes because the team got probably the best possible outcome.  

There maybe doubt who starts in Chicago, but not in Atlanta, IMO.  Even if I m wrong and the Fitzmagic runs all the way to a playoff run, does anyone believe the Glazers will let Winston walk without picking up his 5th year option?  The history of this franchise drafting QBs and letting them go is pretty ugly.  Considering how much money the Glazers spent for head coaches not to coach, the only way Winston is not here in 19 is if he plays and implodes.  I don't see another way.  

Archived