Starting QB after the suspension

bucsfan333

22 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

How would you have handled the situation?

One of the reporters made the comment "Welcome Back" first for context.  Yeah, I m not really sure the issue when he is directly looking and responding to the reporter with his response.  He wasn t making a general response to the nation.  ?

11 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

One of the reporters made the comment "Welcome Back" first for context.  Yeah, I m not really sure the issue when he is directly looking and responding to the reporter with his response.  He wasn t making a general response to the nation.  ?

You can take any quote out of context to make it fit your agenda though. 

I’m glad most of us can have a sensible conversation on it.

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Just saw Jameis Winston’s interview. 

“Did you all miss me”. 

He still doesn’t get it. He’s still immature. Like dude, you were suspended 3 games for sexual assault and that’s the first words you say? 

Obviously he doesn’t take it seriously ? 

What were you expecting?

On 9/27/2018 at 5:11 PM, ravishingone said:

That’s still the most Non remorseful and immature response for winston regardless. Suspended for assault. “Did y’all miss me” 

not really. Dudes not even top 20 on the field. 

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Ira Kaufman is convinced Jameis starts after the bye. That's what he said on his podcast.

I think so too. They’ll likely base it on performance in practice.

I think we’ll see Winston if there’s garbage time on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Buc Ball said:

I think so too. They’ll likely base it on performance in practice.

I think we’ll see Winston if there’s garbage time on Sunday.

I mean. Like Sikkema and the guys on their podcast said; everyone at One Buc believes Jameis is the best QB on the team. There's no reason to bench him for an extended period of time if you think he's the better QB.

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Winston or Fitzpatrick this team still needs a qb. So it might be best to start winston after the bye. Fitzpatrick will probably win enough to take us out of the Herbert sweep stakes. 

I honestly think if Jameis is put back in, we do not finish better than .500, and everyone is reminded Jameis is a bottom tier QB and not worth his off field or on field antics. If he was elite, I could put up with it. Being a better QB than journeyman Fitzpatrick isn't anything to be proud of. And deep down I think Fitz wouldn't mind being the backup again. He gets fired up, but I'm not sure if he truly wants the responsibility and pressures of a successful starting QB. I think he enjoys the backup role and when he plays well everyone loves it.

But I would love to see Fitz give it all he has this season, with this team, and get the Bucs to the playoffs. Chicago is a huge game for the team's future.

4 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

I honestly think if Jameis is put back in, we do not finish better than .500, and everyone is reminded Jameis is a bottom tier QB and not worth his off field or on field antics. If he was elite, I could put up with it. Being a better QB than journeyman Fitzpatrick isn't anything to be proud of. And deep down I think Fitz wouldn't mind being the backup again. He gets fired up, but I'm not sure if he truly wants the responsibility and pressures of a successful starting QB. I think he enjoys the backup role and when he plays well everyone loves it.

But I would love to see Fitz give it all he has this season, with this team, and get the Bucs to the playoffs. Chicago is a huge game for the team's future.

It’s interesting that, on one hand, you claim Winston committed a sexual assault and, on the other, you say you could put up with it if you considered him to be elite.

Why the double standard?

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

We all know Mike Evans owns the team record for TD catches after last week. But if he gets 73 yards against the Bears, he'll also have the yards record.

It shows you how historically bad we’ve been at receiver that we’ve never had a guy who stuck around long enough to set a relatively good record.

We’re lucky we get the chance to watch Evans and, when it’s all said and done, he should have the team records put far out of reach.

It would be awesome if Godwin and Howard were up there too.

Archived