Starting QB after the suspension

bucsfan333

5 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I mean. Like Sikkema and the guys on their podcast said; everyone at One Buc believes Jameis is the best QB on the team. There's no reason to bench him for an extended period of time if you think he's the better QB.

There’s a large body of evidence that shows this is more form than class from Fitz. You can only ride form for so long before he reverts to type.

Winston has more talent and we knew that we signed up to an atypical development curve when we drafted a RS sophomore. We basically lost all but 3 games of year 3 to a throwing shoulder injury. The year before that, he turned in the first winning record this team has had since 2010.

If he’s showing he’s the better QB in practice, there’s not much sense in going with the lesser QB in the long run. Everything I’ve read from the local media suggests the coaches can’t wait to see Winston this season and I can understand why from his play in preseason.

We’ll see him sooner rather than later. The bye makes the most sense to make the change, but if Fitz turns in a half tomorrow like he did in the first half on Monday, he’ll be presented with his clipboard and thanked for his efforts.

6 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

I honestly think if Jameis is put back in, we do not finish better than .500, and everyone is reminded Jameis is a bottom tier QB and not worth his off field or on field antics. If he was elite, I could put up with it. Being a better QB than journeyman Fitzpatrick isn't anything to be proud of. And deep down I think Fitz wouldn't mind being the backup again. He gets fired up, but I'm not sure if he truly wants the responsibility and pressures of a successful starting QB. I think he enjoys the backup role and when he plays well everyone loves it.

But I would love to see Fitz give it all he has this season, with this team, and get the Bucs to the playoffs. Chicago is a huge game for the team's future.

JAmeis is awful and listening to sims lefko and matt miller, three non bias guys in the draft pod cast. They put Tampa in the need of a qb category. 

“Don’t pay attention to stats, there’s more to yards and the eye test he’s a below average starter. You’ll see the good and then you’ll see the bad which is really bad “

In preseason he still makes those throws that you just wonder. If he’s throwing into triple coverage why ? There’s an open receiver somewhere else that he’s just not seeing. 

Off the field, y’all miss me? No. Keep fitz in. 

Jameis isn’t the future in Tampa. 

8 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

I honestly think if Jameis is put back in, we do not finish better than .500, and everyone is reminded Jameis is a bottom tier QB and not worth his off field or on field antics. If he was elite, I could put up with it. Being a better QB than journeyman Fitzpatrick isn't anything to be proud of. And deep down I think Fitz wouldn't mind being the backup again. He gets fired up, but I'm not sure if he truly wants the responsibility and pressures of a successful starting QB. I think he enjoys the backup role and when he plays well everyone loves it.

But I would love to see Fitz give it all he has this season, with this team, and get the Bucs to the playoffs. Chicago is a huge game for the team's future.

This statement has not just been said by you, but many in the media as well and it is a very very misleading and incorrect statement.  If I'm right, Winston has been a role model off the field in the last 2 and a half years.  I may be missing something but in that span there has been ZERO incidents.  Winston continues to hold community engagements throughout Tampa Bay,  and he speaks to children at schools a bunch.  The man is by ALL accounts a stand up member of the Tampa Bay community.  

"Off-field incidents" is a term that really needs to be explained when used bc many just take it as he has had many many off field incidents and that is just wrong and the furthest thing from reality 

10 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

This statement has not just been said by you, but many in the media as well and it is a very very misleading and incorrect statement.  If I'm right, Winston has been a role model off the field in the last 2 and a half years.  I may be missing something but in that span there has been ZERO incidents.  Winston continues to hold community engagements throughout Tampa Bay,  and he speaks to children at schools a bunch.  The man is by ALL accounts a stand up member of the Tampa Bay community.  

"Off-field incidents" is a term that really needs to be explained when used bc many just take it as he has had many many off field incidents and that is just wrong and the furthest thing from reality 

Many nfl players are engaged in the community that are just not good people. Ever hear of publicity stints? 

Jameis off field history from college carried over into the nfl exactly one season after he was drafted. 

After his Clemson game suspension for yelling derogatory words against women during his rape invenstigation , he cried” I’ve learned. Football was taken away from me”. 

Two years later he’s getting drunk and groping females. Football again was taken from him. To this day he got away with the rape at FSU. It questions the integrity of Darby and the police department of how they handled the situation. 

Then he gets on the podium after his 3 game suspension, “did y’all miss me ?” After a sexual assault suspension. 

This dude is fake and trash and honestly I’ve seen the locker room respond to Fitzpatricks leadership than the Bucs do for Jameis. 

30 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Many nfl players are engaged in the community that are just not good people. Ever hear of publicity stints? 

Jameis off field history from college carried over into the nfl exactly one season after he was drafted. 

After his Clemson game suspension for yelling derogatory words against women during his rape invenstigation , he cried” I’ve learned. Football was taken away from me”. 

Two years later he’s getting drunk and groping females. Football again was taken from him. To this day he got away with the rape at FSU. It questions the integrity of Darby and the police department of how they handled the situation. 

Then he gets on the podium after his 3 game suspension, “did y’all miss me ?” After a sexual assault suspension. 

This dude is fake and trash and honestly I’ve seen the locker room respond to Fitzpatricks leadership than the Bucs do for Jameis. 

I am not sure how you've seen the locker room change if you're not in the locker room on a daily basis. Look I understand you are done with Winston and it's understandable, given his past transgressions but at this juncture the Bucs from most public sources available seem to be interested in at least seeing Winston this year and more likely than not one more year from now.  As the brass wants to see if Winston is closer to the QB at the end of the season or the one that was "injured" after the Minnesota game.

Besides I'd rather wait one more year and get a real franchise type QB in Fromm or Tua then take a risk on Hurbert who has not played a top teir defense this season.

18 minutes ago, SappDaddyDance said:

I am not sure how you've seen the locker room change if you're not in the locker room on a daily basis. Look I understand you are done with Winston and it's understandable, given his past transgressions but at this juncture the Bucs from most public sources available seem to be interested in at least seeing Winston this year and more likely than not one more year from now.  As the brass wants to see if Winston is closer to the QB at the end of the season or the one that was "injured" after the Minnesota game.

Besides I'd rather wait one more year and get a real franchise type QB in Fromm or Tua then take a risk on Hurbert who has not played a top teir defense this season.

Well did you see how Jackson came out and said keep in Fitzpatrick ? The week two post game Pc.  I haven’t seen that chemistry with winston so you’re right I don’t know exactly what goes on in the locker room but it’s obvious the Bucs are off to a great start and the weapons utilized better with fitz than winston.  

Yeah maybe. My cousin played baseball with Fromm. They said he seems like a good stand up dude. Have t been able to watch tua really Bc it’s blow out central. 

I just think this franchise would regret giving winston that 5 year 25 million a year deal. And he’s not a top 20 qb on the field and he’s garbage off it. 

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

The Uber driver never accused Winston of sexual assault. 

Winston was therefore not suspended for “sexual assault”.

Archived