Week 2 GDT: Raiders (0-1) @ Broncos (1-0)

SilverNBlackFan

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Derek Carr @ Denver

2017: 10/18 143 yards, 1 TD 0 INT, 16-10 Loss

2016: DNP

2015: 12/29 135 yards, 2 TD 0 INT, 15-12 Win

2014: 18/36 157 yards, 1 TD 1 INT, 47-14 Loss

I knew it was bad, but Yikes. 

Need to get our running game going out of the gates. We absolutely need to run more play action this game.

10 hours ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

To be fair if they did the opposite and kept Mack over Carr, we’d probably be wasting the majority of his contract looking for another QB. Would’ve been just best to keep both obviously. But hoesntly he doesn’t deserve it, yet. It wasn’t his choice to trade Mack, and most QBs get more than one week to master a new scheme and coaching staff, especially one that had been through as many as he has. I get that he made a few horrible throws, it’s just my humble opinion that he deserves more than one week (in this system) before calling for his head. 

I wasn't calling for his head. Though I do agree with what you're saying. Fact remains that with the Mack move, he's The Guy now. And we need him to be. No more of this shellshocked stuff. I know he's only human, and he's had a lot to go through the last year or 2. But we need him to be the Franchise QB that he can be. Or at least close to it. Last week was atrocious and I gotta see some improvement.

If he keeps up this level of play consistently this year then I might call for his head though. Need to see him at least look confident and comfortable as a NFL QB. Haven't seen that in a LONG time.

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I'd like to think Gruden is the main reason you didn't keep Mack. 

Reggies poor drafting is the reason we didn’t keep MacK.

If there was talent on this team  and we could possibly make a run for the Super Bowl he would’ve kept Mack but  there’s no talent and were in rebuilding mode.

15 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I knew it was bad, but Yikes. 

Need to get our running game going out of the gates. We absolutely need to run more play action this game.

Last year, this was the game where Carr broke his back. And the broncos stud defense has always shut him down.  Idk they need beast mode early and through most of the game to slow that pass rush. What’s the point of having lynch if you’re only going to play him in the first quarter?

5 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

44-14 Broncos

I have a hard time believing that a Case Keenum lead team is going to drop 40 on the Raiders. The Rams didn’t do that and the Broncos couldn’t do it against KNJ’s corpse of a defense. 

That being said the offense is garbage with Carr having flashbacks of the ‘nam. They’ll do good if he does because the running game certainly isn’t going to be better.

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Last year, this was the game where Carr broke his back. And the broncos stud defense has always shut him down.  Idk they need beast mode early and through most of the game to slow that pass rush. What’s the point of having lynch if you’re only going to play him in the first quarter?

This is the type of game Lynch and Martin need to each get 10+ carries. 

Carr isnt good enough to beat them through the air by himself. The running game needs to be the focal point of the offense.

3 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

This is the type of game Lynch and Martin need to each get 10+ carries. 

Carr isnt good enough to beat them through the air by himself. The running game needs to be the focal point of the offense.

I agree, thing is i don’t know if they are committed to using those guys. Lynch has a great first drive and then was shut down like it was a preseason game and Martin is a mythological creature akin to Bigfoot. Overall the offense looks like it did last season. 

Raiders inactives vs. Broncos: DE Fadol Brown OT T.J. Clemmings DT P.J. Hall WR/RS Dwayne Harris T Justin Murray CB Nick Nelson RB DeAndré Washington

Carradine active, strange that he was inactive last week tbh.

Who will kick return? Edit- Richard will! Yikes. 

Archived