Week 2 GDT: Raiders (0-1) @ Broncos (1-0)

SilverNBlackFan

Just now, riceman80 said:

2 games in dude. Stop expecting a league MVP QB and a top 5 offense.

I'm not expecting a league MVP QB or a top 5 offense. Just for us to compete. Gruden is getting paid $10M for what? We've started both games strong and have absolutely folded in the second half. It's concerning when in two consecutive weeks we're leading at half time and then get blown out in the second half. We've scored once in the second half this year and have given up 43 points, I thought Gruden was a mastermind offensive coach? 

18 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Guy hasn't coached in 10 years. 2 weeks back he's been decent. Team looks way better in gameplans than past years. Def looks like nfl def compared to jokes we have thrown out there.

Our D has played ok outside of getting to the QB.  If we had Mack(or any sort of pass rush) we would be in ok shape.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not expecting a league MVP QB or a top 5 offense. Just for us to compete. Gruden is getting paid $10M for what? We've started both games strong and have absolutely folded in the second half. It's concerning when in two consecutive weeks we're leading at half time and then get blown out in the second half. We've scored once in the second half this year and have given up 43 points, I thought Gruden was a mastermind offensive coach? 

So losing by 1 on the road, in adverse conditions, in your second game together isn't competing?

Do you guys even know what you're typing?

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Are you kidding , this defensive is PATHETIC, AND THOSE CLOWNS IN THE SECONDARY can't cover anybody.

No I'm not kidding.  If you think our defense is bad, go take a look at what the Rams did to the Cards today or what the donks did to the Seattle last week.

As I thought, Broncos win. Tough place to play in September guys. I've been more accurate on these scores so far... LAR 33-20 (was 33-13) and DEN 26-19 (was 20-19).

Denver is almost unbeatable in Denver during September. Just one of those strange football stats. I knew as soon as I saw @Denver in September we were in for a rough ride.

We are a better team than Denver and will more than likely finish with the better record (yes, even though we are 0-2 and they are 2-0). 8-8 OAK and 7-9 DEN is the most likely outcome.

One thing to take away from this is Carr looked fantastic. I've been very critical of Carr all week as most others have but he balled out today absolutely. Guys, he completed 90% of his passes with 30+ attempts. Hasn't been done since 1970!! And you know what... he didn't do it dinking and dunking like Alex Smith. He had 9.0 YPA. 9 frickin point 0. I'm sure 90% + 9.0 YPA has never been done in NFL History. There's absolutely no way. Carr was a gem today. Blame Gruden for the 2nd Half. Gruden scripts his first few series, and then after that beautiful "script" he writes he's terrible. And you simply do not have enough time in one week to "script" a whole game of NFL Football.

I actually feel better about our team even with the loss. We looked competitive. We desperately need a pass rush... and absolutely 1000% win this game with Khalil Mack.. but it is what it is.

1 hour ago, daineraider said:

Our D has played ok outside of getting to the QB.  If we had Mack(or any sort of pass rush) we would be in ok shape.

With Mack we'd still be a team without any serious hopes off a (deep) playoff run. 

Imo these 2 losses just showed that we are average at best. I felt like our coaches prepared the team well, and we had a good gameplan. We just dont have the talent and depth to come away with a win.

I still don't understand why they called the double PI. If both players are hand fighting, let them play.

What about Keenum just getting rid of the ball inside the pocket and not being called for intentional grounding? Are QBs allowed to do that now?

11 hours ago, true2form said:

No I'm not kidding.  If you think our defense is bad, go take a look at what the Rams did to the Cards today or what the donks did to the Seattle last week.

In the second half we didn't compete hence why we got blown out 19-7 in the second half. 

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Been pounding the table for RB and LBB for years now.

Tevin Coleman is a FA this year, he's prefect for this offense. 

Ironically I was pounding the table for Tevin Coleman that year. Steal in the 3rd/4th Round. Coleman and Nick Chubb are my favorite college RBs in the past decade. 

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Been pounding the table for RB and LBB for years now.

Tevin Coleman is a FA this year, he's prefect for this offense. 

This is why I'm hesitant to spend high picks on backs, unless they're obviously special talents (i.e. Kamara who I really liked). 
Coleman is a good back, but he's behind Freeman. We can pay him pretty reasonably and get good production conceivably without having to spend a 2nd/3rd rounder to find someone similar.

Archived