Week 2 GDT: Raiders (0-1) @ Broncos (1-0)

SilverNBlackFan

They looked like a 7 to 9 win team with Mack. Without him, they look much more like a 3 to 5 win team. Whatever strides we make on offense with more competent play-calling are more than offset by the effect of Mack's departure on the defense. 

Assuming we lose in Miami, which I think is more likely than not, then a loss at home to the Browns could really precipitate the downward spiral. That's when the train could really leave the tracks. Though I'm not even certain the powers that be particularly care. Their eyes are on 2020 and opening a shiny new stadium.

5 minutes ago, TLO said:

Demoralizing. Smith dropping the 4th down point was the crucial play of the game. Probably win if he catches that. 

We also had our extra point attempt blocked earlier in the game. Unacceptable. Donald Penn looked like an old man on crutches out there today.

Defense was gassed, no pass rush killed us again. Carr played really well which should keep the doubters quiet for a week at least.

Really disappointed we couldn’t close the game out, play calling needs looking at, pretty sure after the Roberts TD we ran the ball on every 1st down, far too predictable.

Just now, Nodisrespect said:

I'll be honest no, but Pff has them ranked 32nd. Maybe the scheme is good but the players are just not here.

Ok. they're not hopeless. This is the 2nd game of the season and they were playing in mile high. Our dline is made of rookies and guys we've signed last week. The 1st half is the best i've seen a Raiders D play in a long time.

Everyone crying about Carr week one just STFU. Poor guy. He played so well today and idiots on this team held us back.

Thieves this week:

Bruce Irvin: flat out sucked

Keith Smith: catch may have lost the game

Honorable mentions:

Reggie Nelson: still garbage

Jared Cook: unacceptable holding penalty

Donald Penn: looked pretty shaky

I know we are all disappointed in the loss guys, but can we please stop with the overreactions.

The defense is pretty good all things considered. The offense was clicking for most of the day. Gotta find a way to make a few stops on D and turn FGs into TDs. 

Archived