Who Impressed You This Week (Week 3: 9/15/2018)

alfalcone

I know people say Colin Johnson is the WR to watch from Texas. But I don't think that's true anymore.

Lil'Jordan Humphrey is the one to watch. Just about as big as Johnson, and about as fast. But this guy can run any route you ask him to and he is terrific at being a possession receiver. Agile, and knows how to get open. He's also quicker then Johnson too.

On 9/15/2018 at 6:15 PM, Calvert28 said:

I know people say Colin Johnson is the WR to watch from Texas. But I don't think that's true anymore.

Lil'Jordan Humphrey is the one to watch. Just about as big as Johnson, and about as fast. But this guy can run any route you ask him to and he is terrific at being a possession receiver. Agile, and knows how to get open. He's also quicker then Johnson too.

His RB roots definitely show in his game. Such an odd talent. I’m conflicted whenever I see him. He has great body control, instincts after the catch.. he runs so damn hard. You just don’t see that combination of skill with his frame. It’s weird man. Almost like someone took Golden Tate and made him 6’4”-6’5”.

Collin Johnson is more of what you’d expect for a tall guy. Long, smooth strider. Makes contested catches. A big-play/red zone threat with a tad bit of wiggle.

They’re great complements to one another. If Texas really is back, it’ll be on the backs of these two.

8 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

His RB roots definitely show in his game. Such an odd talent. I’m conflicted whenever I see him. He has great body control, instincts after the catch.. he runs so damn hard. You just don’t see that combination of skill with his frame. It’s weird man. Almost like someone took Golden Tate and made him 6’4”-6’5”.

Collin Johnson is more of what you’d expect for a tall guy. Long, smooth strider. Makes contested catches. A big-play/red zone threat with a tad bit of wiggle.

They’re great complements to one another. If Texas really is back, it’ll be on the backs of these two.

Plus I've seen them use him in the Wild Cat offense a few times. I have never seen anyone do that with a guy like Humphrey. Typically you want a guy that is very quick and agile to do it who can break the seam and take it to the house. But I always see it with guys that are like 6Ft and around 200 pounds. Guys that typically look like slot receivers. The biggest guy I have seen do it is Darren McFadden that did it successfully.  He's a junior, but I could see him shooting up draft boards by April. Especially if he keeps getting around double digit possessions every game by the end of the season.

Honestly by the end of the season. I'm expecting him to draw comparison's to Cordelle Patterson as that big and fast do it all receiver that the Vikings were hoping they got when they drafted him.

Ryan Anderson, C for Wake Forrest has impressed me. Now he's playing LG since their LG went down and he looks good there too. WF is getting their butt kicked, but it's not because of their C. He looks big for a C too, which I like. Some of his initial punches have a lot of pop and move those ND DT's backwards. Their LG looked good too before he got hurt. 

On 9/17/2018 at 12:29 AM, Calvert28 said:

Plus I've seen them use him in the Wild Cat offense a few times. I have never seen anyone do that with a guy like Humphrey. Typically you want a guy that is very quick and agile to do it who can break the seam and take it to the house. But I always see it with guys that are like 6Ft and around 200 pounds. Guys that typically look like slot receivers. The biggest guy I have seen do it is Darren McFadden that did it successfully.  He's a junior, but I could see him shooting up draft boards by April. Especially if he keeps getting around double digit possessions every game by the end of the season.

Honestly by the end of the season. I'm expecting him to draw comparison's to Cordelle Patterson as that big and fast do it all receiver that the Vikings were hoping they got when they drafted him.

I like that comparison. I think Lil’Jordan might be a little more aggressive as a runner but the elusiveness and quickness, body-types... Long as Lil’Jordan keeps developing as a route-runner, he could be what we wanted Cordarelle to be in the pros.

Archived