Browns cut Josh Gordon

ACO

15 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

I want to see the Browns do good but starting Tyrod is not going to get u anywhere

I don't think the Browns are putting their eggs in the basket of this season, tbh.

If anything, it's a brilliant move. Start Baker and he might accidentally win you games. Tyrod is a QB you can tank with with the illusion to the team that you're trying to win now so they don't check out and hurt their development.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't think the Browns are putting their eggs in the basket of this season, tbh.

If anything, it's a brilliant move. Start Baker and he might accidentally win you games. Tyrod is a QB you can tank with.

That’s a shame and moral killing. Feel bad for the season ticket holders 

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Eh, Hue is.  He can’t survive a 4-5 win season imo.

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

If anything, it's a brilliant move. Start Baker and he might accidentally win you games. Tyrod is a QB you can tank with with the illusion to the team that you're trying to win now so they don't check out and hurt their development.

Tyrod just lead a mediocre Bills roster to the playoffs last year.  He isn’t a great passer, but he doesn’t lose a team games and is probably better right now than a rookie.

The tank, intentional tank, is over, they are trying to win games.  We’ll see if they can.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, Hue is.  He can’t survive a 4-5 win season imo.

Tyrod just lead a mediocre Bills roster to the playoffs last year.  He isn’t a great passer, but he doesn’t lose a team games and is probably better right now than a rookie.

The tank, intentional tank, is over, they are trying to win games.  We’ll see if they can.

Not really. The Bills made the playoffs despite Tyrod due to a:

a) Top defense, and

b) The void of a 6th team in the AFC that actually didn't completely suck.

Vegas odds on landing spots

Will Josh Gordon sign with a new NFL team this season?

Yes -300
No +200

If yes, what team will he sign with?

NE +150
GB +200
TEN +250
JAX/DAL/IND/NYG +400
NYJ +500
ARI/SEA +600
CHI/PHI +1000
SF +1200
Any other team +500

Odds via @betmybookie

Just now, squire12 said:

Vegas odds on landing spots

Will Josh Gordon sign with a new NFL team this season?

Yes -300
No +200

If yes, what team will he sign with?

NE +150
GB +200
TEN +250
JAX/DAL/IND/NYG +400
NYJ +500
ARI/SEA +600
CHI/PHI +1000
SF +1200
Any other team +500

Odds via @betmybookie

He’s signing with Vegas what are you talking about ?

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Not really. The Bills made the playoffs despite Tyrod due to a:

a) Top defense, and

Which is exactly the blueprint we should be using. Tyrod, for all of his faults, doesn’t turn the ball over and doesn’t give the other team easy points.  That’s a start in Cleveland and better than what a number of teams will get from their QB this season.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

b) The void of a 6th team in the AFC that actually didn't completely suck.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Going out and drafting Antonio Callaway suggests otherwise. 

I think we can all agree Dorsey is rebulding the team in his image.  Drafting Callaway and Tyreke Hill shows winning matters more - Dorsey just thinks he can win without Gordon's headache.  For better or worse he's willing to deal with Callaway's baggage.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Dorsey doesn’t insist on choirboys, but they do have to buy in and get their poop in a group.

Gordon has shown an ability to do that.

There’s a big difference between a guy who has made mistakes and someone who continues to make them.  Gordon always seems like the latter.

Just to be clear, though, Callaway and LT Desmond Harrison, both guys Dorsey selected this year, have made multiple mistakes over and over.

Callaway, 3x after freshman, sophomore & during junior year.   SA (in which his defence was he was too high to be able to commit SA), drug arrest, suspension x2, and credit card fraud (for macbooks & iPad's, not getting food on the table/family back home, before ppl play the poor student card). 

Harrison was suspended 2x on Texas minimum, before getting cut.

And to boot - both failed drug tests at the Combine.  Just this past offseason. Well after the past history of repeat infractions for both.   

So while I get that Gordon may have used up his capital with Dorsey, it's very selective memory to indict Gordon for his mistakes, and then say others who've made mistakes in the past - but not ding them for a repeated pattern like Gordon's shown.  The difference here is that Gordon wasn't Dorsey's - he inherited him.   Dorsey's choosing that the headaches that Callaway (and even LT Harrison) bring are worth it.  He doesn't think Gordon's headaches are worth it, and likely the fact he's not a guy Dorsey chose to bring in seems like an influence.  That's totally fine, it's human nature, but let's call it what it is.  

P.S.  Talent-wise, I like both players a lot.   So don't take this as me criticizing the selections.  I think Callaway might end up being the best pick of CLE's draft when you factor in value at 4.1.  And I actually mocked DEN taking Harrison as a priority UDFA in our play-the-DEN GM game.   Just seems VERY arbitrary judgment, and more about clearing the old guard out and Dorsey bringing "his guys" - even if they have a very checkered past, that frankly aren't a whole lot different than Gordon's risk-wise at the same stage of their career.

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Just to be clear, though, Callaway and LT Desmond Harrison, both guys Dorsey selected this year, have made multiple mistakes over and over.

Callaway, 3x after freshman, sophomore & during junior year.   SA (in which his defence was he was too high to be able to commit SA), drug arrest, suspension x2, and credit card fraud (for macbooks & iPad's, not getting food on the table/family back home, before ppl play the poor student card). 

Harrison was suspended 2x on Texas minimum, before getting cut.

And to boot - both failed drug tests at the Combine.  Just this past offseason. Well after the past history of repeat infractions for both.   

So while I get that Gordon may have used up his capital with Dorsey, it's very selective memory to indict Gordon for his mistakes, and then say others who've made mistakes in the past - but not ding them for a repeated pattern like Gordon's shown.  The difference here is that Gordon wasn't Dorsey's - he inherited him.   Dorsey's choosing that the headaches that Callaway (and even LT Harrison) bring are worth it.  He doesn't think Gordon's headaches are worth it, and likely the fact he's not a guy Dorsey chose to bring in seems like an influence.  That's totally fine, it's human nature, but let's call it what it is.  

P.S.  Talent-wise, I like both players a lot.   So don't take this as me criticizing the selections.  I think Callaway might end up being the best pick of the draft when you factor in value at 4.1.  And I actually mocked DEN taking Harrison as a priority UDFA in our play-the-DEN GM game.   Just seems VERY arbitrary judgment, and more about clearing the old guard out and Dorsey bringing "his guys" - even if they have a very checkered past, that frankly aren't a whole lot different than Gordon's risk-wise at the same stage of their career.

Hill is an obvious choice. Took him anyways and his flags were beyond red

Archived