NFL 2018 Week 2 Game Day Thread

TecmoSuperJoe

13 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

After watching the game today I realized Derrick Carr is the new captain checkdown. He is supremely accurate when the defense is playing off coverage daring him to actually throw the ball more that 10 yards. Which he cant at any efficient rate. He was 98/100 passing today because just like the Rams game, it was all 4 yard checkdowns. 

Im just trying to to get the point across that Derrick Carr is not who you think he is. Check his stats, check his contract, check the Raiders record. He is not a franchise changer who is he is getting paid to be like. If that falls into the side of the fence that you dont like, thats your problem. Not mine. 

Captain checkdown when he was very accurate on his throws past 10 yards? He did that today with flying colors. His throws past 10 yards had good velocity and accuracy. He fit a beauty in to roberts between two defenders. He took open throws because Denver gave them to him. Captain checkdown doesn't average 9 YPA. Even looking purely at his throws farther down the field, he excelled today. His throw to Amari that was called back due to dual PI was at least 30 yards in the air and was put on a dime. 

Denver has a good pass defense too. It's not like he was moving the ball against scrubs out there.

You're reaching so hard here. Are you seriously telling me, who has watched all of Carr's career starts at least twice that he's not who I think he is?

Cute that you discredit his performance with such a shallow evaluation. He managed the pocket exceptionally well today and handled pressure well too. But those don't show up on the stat sheet. "Captain checkdown hurr durr"

And define "franchise changing". Top 5 qb? Because if those are the only teams who should pay their qb's at market value, I guess the rest of the league is clueless.

Archived