The Dawg Pound Introduction Thread

zelbell

41 minutes ago, BwickRedux said:

Welcome @killin' it like ki7er - as someone who has lived in/around Cleveland all my life and born into my fandom, I always enjoy when we get some international flavor around here. How did you pick the Browns as your NFL team to follow? Was it alcohol drinking related? (I bet it was alcohol drinking related)

It had to be alcohol related.  Or a lost bet.  Was it a lost bet?

33 minutes ago, EL Brownso said:

Isn't Australia a third world country? I bet we shipped over some 1986 Browns AFC Champion T-Shirts and he wore one as a kid thinking we were a Super Bowl team. Was it a 3rd world country tshirt giveaway?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EL Brownso said:
1 hour ago, BwickRedux said:

Welcome @killin' it like ki7er - as someone who has lived in/around Cleveland all my life and born into my fandom, I always enjoy when we get some international flavor around here. How did you pick the Browns as your NFL team to follow? Was it alcohol drinking related? (I bet it was alcohol drinking related)

I'm a bastard who's parents never married and basically had a choice or surnames to choose from, I go by my fathers surname Knox but my mothers is Brown. Ironically the first game I ever saw when I was just a kid was the Browns vs Pittsburg or the Ravens (can't quite remember) and although we lost I was hooked from the moment I saw the game. It's easily the best sport in the world, it's just a shame there isn't more support down here - i've managed to convert a few close friends but the few others i've met all support the frontrunner teams like the Patriots and Packers *vomit*

In hindsight it would have been a hell of a lot easier if I selected a team that has had success but I actually think it would be boring as hell being a fan of the Patriots or some other consistant contender, I like underdog stories although I didn't know at the time just how much of a dog i'd be rooting for but I cannot wait until we are relevant and believe it is coming soon with our current F/O and the past few years rebuild

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Isn't Australia a third world country? I bet we shipped over some 1986 Browns AFC Champion T-Shirts and he wore one as a kid thinking we were a Super Bowl team. Was it a 3rd world country tshirt giveaway?

36 minutes ago, EL Brownso said:

It wasn't, my fandom was well entrenched before I touched the bottle.

Far from it, I did however get my first piece of Browns attire at a Newtown Op-Shop for $5. A brown tee with the name and helmet on the front and wore it with pride on gameday.

10 minutes ago, killin' it like ki7er said:

btw how do you "like" posts here? this forum has so many features I haven't yet figured out despite being on many for so long. Could be the fact i'm posting from my PS4 and everything is made that much more difficult.

On a computer there is a little transparent football towards the bottom right of posts, click on that to like. You can use this post to practice it. Just be careful if you click it twice it takes away the like and that would make me sad.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

On a computer there is a little transparent football towards the bottom right of posts, click on that to like. You can use this post to practice it. Just be careful if you click it twice it takes away the like and that would make me sad.

Not showing on the PS4 Browser, let's just say I owe you one. I'll have my pc fixed soon enough.

5 hours ago, killin' it like ki7er said:

Not showing on the PS4 Browser, let's just say I owe you one. I'll have my pc fixed soon enough.

Make sure when you're not on pc that you hit it just once. Only for Thomas's posts!

oh and welcome to the forum. I love having the "other" countries as browns fans. We seem to have Aussies and Kiwis on lockdown. 

Oh and it's nice to have new posters that are the anti flimsy beam!

Edited by Bonanza23
Why would anyone want to discuss their toilet? Who cares?
  • Like 1

Since it's been 11-12 years now:

Name:  Micah

Current Location:  Beavercreek, OH

Hometown: Beavercreek, OH

Occupation or school/area of study:  History Teacher, Football Coach, Baseball Coach

Nicknames: MWil

Interests besides football: Protestant Christianity and Theology, Baseball, being a father/husband/brother/son, friends

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): My father (whom I miss dearly) with my wife, myself, and my two kids.

Favorite Food: I'll eat about anything. I have to eat healthy, but if I don't, I love pizza, fajitas, the usual comfort appetizer foods/dips

Favorite Movies: Saving Private Ryan, The Batman Trilogy, Indiana Jones Trilogy...too many others to list/count

Favorite TV Shows:  Breaking Bad, Friends, Cheers, Sons of Anarchy, The Walking Dead

5 favorite bands/artists of all-time:  Guns 'N Roses, Metallica, Blink 182, Angels and Airwaves, Foo Fighters

5 favorite albums of all-time:  Depends on the mood

Favorite current Cleveland Brown: Joe Thomas

Favorite past Cleveland Brown:  Toss up between Eric Turner and Kevin Mack. Favorite Non-Current "New Brown" would be Kelly Holcomb

Favorite non-brown player of all-time: Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, Steve Young, Joe Montana, Torry Holt, Eddie George, Lawrence Taylor, any former Buckeye for the most part

Favorite current non-brown in the NFL: Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, about any former Buckeye

• Like 1

On August 22, 2017 at 0:38 PM, Bonanza23 said:

Make sure when you're not on pc that you hit it just once. Only for Thomas's posts!

oh and welcome to the forum. I love having the "other" countries as browns fans. We seem to have Aussies and Kiwis on lockdown. 

Oh and it's nice to have new posters that are the anti flimsy beam!

The little football is now showing for me for some reason. Thomas can have his cheap thrill.

Thanks for the warm welcome.