The Dawg Pound Introduction Thread

zelbell

• 4 weeks later...

Interests besides football: Science and the Cosmos

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): Neil DeGrasse Tyson, George Carlin, Carl Sagan, Albert Einstein, God.

Favorite Food: Chinese Buffet

Favorite Movies: Anything with space aliens

Favorite TV Shows: Anything with space aliens

Favorite current Cleveland Brown: Shake and Bake

Favorite past Cleveland Brown: Bernie Bernie Ohhh Ohhh.... You can throw....

Favorite non-brown player of all-time: Joe Montana

Favorite current non-brown in the NFL: Ain't nobody got time for that.....

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Long time lurker and with the news that Kitchens will be hired I figured I would start posting some. I'm a huge Browns fan and have been the walking joke about that for years at work. There is every team you can think of in my office of fans and not 1 Browns fan, I live and work in Ohio. There is a Ravens fan here, yikes.

So here's some info about me

Name:  JDD - Jason

Current Location:  Toledo

Hometown: Same

Occupation or school/area of study:  Mechanical Engineer

Interests besides football: cycling, beer, and grilling/smoking food

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): My grandparents and my cousin

Favorite Food: that I can't make, Thai

Favorite Movies: Pulp Fiction, Good Will Hunting, Forest Gump

Favorite TV Shows: Current- Good Place, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Narcos, All Time: Breaking Bad, Seinfeld

5 favorite bands/artists of all-time: Led, Beatles, Biggie, The Roots, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Nightsweats

5 favorite albums of all-time: IV, White Album, Eminem Show, Things fall apart, Ill Communication 

Favorite current Cleveland Brown: Can I still say Joe Thomas, I'll pick Miles

Favorite past Cleveland Brown: Joe Thomas

Favorite non-brown player of all-time: there are other teams?

Favorite current non-brown in the NFL: Micheal Thomas

Who do you hate more Ravens, Steelers, or Michigan: YES

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2019 at 10:49 AM, JDD said:

Long time lurker and with the news that Kitchens will be hired I figured I would start posting some. I'm a huge Browns fan and have been the walking joke about that for years at work. There is every team you can think of in my office of fans and not 1 Browns fan, I live and work in Ohio. There is a Ravens fan here, yikes.

So here's some info about me

Name:  JDD - Jason

Current Location:  Toledo

Hometown: Same

Occupation or school/area of study:  Mechanical Engineer

Interests besides football: cycling, beer, and grilling/smoking food

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): My grandparents and my cousin

Favorite Food: that I can't make, Thai

Favorite Movies: Pulp Fiction, Good Will Hunting, Forest Gump

Favorite TV Shows: Current- Good Place, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Narcos, All Time: Breaking Bad, Seinfeld

5 favorite bands/artists of all-time: Led, Beatles, Biggie, The Roots, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Nightsweats

5 favorite albums of all-time: IV, White Album, Eminem Show, Things fall apart, Ill Communication 

Favorite current Cleveland Brown: Can I still say Joe Thomas, I'll pick Miles

Favorite past Cleveland Brown: Joe Thomas

Favorite non-brown player of all-time: there are other teams?

Favorite current non-brown in the NFL: Micheal Thomas

Who do you hate more Ravens, Steelers, or Michigan: YES

I can tell we will get along just fine. 

• Like 1

Name: Phil
Current Location: FL
Hometown: Rochester NY
Occupation Retired
Nicknames: Sonny

Interests besides football: Hunting, Fishing, Woodworking
Your Dream Dinner:  Anything with Family or Friends 
Favorite Food: Linguine, Fruiti ds Mare
Favorite Movies: Heaven Can Wait
Favorite TV Shows: American Pickers and Pawn Stars
Hank Williams Sr, and Buddy Holly
Favorite current Cleveland Brown: Baker of course
Favorite past Cleveland Brown: Otto Graham

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Name:  David

Current Location:  Cleveland, OH

Hometown: Cleveland, OH

Occupation or school/area of study:  IT

Nicknames: Tomahawk

Favorite current Cleveland Brown:  Baker Mayfield

Favorite past Cleveland Brown:  Joe Thomas

Favorite non-brown player of all-time: Derrick Thomas

Favorite current non-brown in the NFL: JJ Watt

• Like 4

• 8 months later...

Name:   Kevin
Current Location:   At the north end of the Monte Blanc pen that Jimmy handed me to sign my 5-year contract  <-- Damn, Bucketheadsdad had that length right from the start.  :) 
Hometown:   I am a bit of a transient.  

Occupation or school/area of study:  New Head Coach of the Cleveland Browns
Nicknames:  They like to call me "Next"  I'm not sure why
Interests besides football:  Multi-Regional Real Estate Speculation, studying people's affinity for green bananas, researching airbnb locations through out the 216/440 area codes
Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet):  My agent, The Turk, Rob Chudzinski, Michael Lombardi, and Dan Snyder....Gosh, I just love his energy.  He knows how to run an organization.
Favorite Food:  My hobby is to research last meals consumed by condemned prisoners prior to their execution, and see how closely "Blue Apron" and "HelloFresh" can come to replicating them
Favorite Movies:   Dead Man Walking, Frozen II, The Executioner's Song, Draft Day, The Green Mile, The Life of David Gale, Fargo
Favorite TV Shows:   Who has time for TV?  I guess I enjoy listening to Colin Cowherd.....oh, and My Little Pony
5 favorite bands/artists of all-time:   I don't do music
5 favorite albums of all-time:   Like I said, I don't do music......well, I guess I do like funeral dirges.  Those bands that march through New Orleans during funerals play pretty catchy tunes. 
Favorite current Cleveland Brown:  There are current members of the Browns?  I like that Corbett kid.  He's got some potential.  Oh, wait....nevermind...
Favorite past Cleveland Brown:   Freddie Kitchens, for allowing me to have this opportunity
Favorite non-brown player of all-time:     Lenny Dawson........bet you didn't know he was with your (oops....our) club.  Yep.  1959, got released.  
Favorite current non-brown in the NFL:  Now we're getting somewhere.  I really like that OLB from the Patriots.  He's had a monster year.  What's his name?  Jaimie Collins?  I'd love to have 11 of him on my defense.

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Browns fans.  First off - long time listener, first time caller.

Instead of the default questionnaire, I thought I'd share how I, as a Northern Californian, became afflicted with this incurable passion.  The day was January 11th, 1987.  A day that I'm sure many of you remember all too well.  I was a wee lad of 9 years and spent the afternoon with my younger brothers in the mountains having a lengthy and spirited snow ball fight.  When the day began, I couldn't care less about football.  After hours of fun outside, my father emerged from the house.  He was a lifelong Browns and Indians fan.  For him it started in 1956, at the age of 5.  He had the "fortune" of having his first T-Ball team being named the Indians.  What a twist of fate.  When I spotted my father, I noticed he had tears in his eyes.  I later found out that it was Elway's doing.  Curse him and his teeth.  It was the first and only time that I would ever see him cry.  Something divine happened in that moment.  My father's love for the Browns became my own.  It's like it was written into my DNA, ingrained in my bones.  Here we are some 30+ years later and I'm a Browns fan through and through, the good times and the bad.  If my second son was born on time, his name would have been Quinn.  Lucky for him me he was late.  I have a room in my house painted the same as the Brown's helmet.  My buddies and I have an annual trip we take to see a game.  We came out to Cleveland in 2017 for week 1 vs Pittsburgh.  Thanks Kizer, for the lasting memories.  At least I got to see the Indians win #17 in a row that weekend.  These days, I'm the only Browns fan I know.  I tried to recruit my oldest son when he was 3 years old.  It was the year after our 10-6 season and the Browns were facing the Cowboys in week 1.  I explain to him why I'm a Browns fan.  We have a moment.  Again, he is 3.  He asks who the "blue team" is.  I tell him it's the Cowboys.  He says "Go Cowboys."  He's 3 and he is rooting for the opposition out of spite.  Millennials. 

Enough about me.  I've frequented this site from time to time because you guys seem to have your fingers on the pulse.  Browns info is slower to materialize out here.  I'm a big sports talk radio guy and being just outside the Bay Area, everyone wants to talk about the 49ers and Raiders.  Thanks for all the info.  I'll keep tuning in and try to contribute going forward. 

• Like 7

Welcome to the Pound, WD.

FWIW - you are not alone. 33 years later, I STILL cannot watch what HorseMouth did to us in consecutive years. Grrrrrrrr.......

I also have a similar family story to yours. My wife's family roots are the strip mining communities east of Pittsburgh. Wonderful, simplicity of life kind of people. About 1994 or so, our youngest daughter was 7 or 8. We were visiting my wife's Grammie in PA. My youngest was on Grammie's lap, and they were watching a Steeler game. I came in the room and remarked "Steelers - YUCK!" To which my daughter said "Go Steelers!"

She knew what reaction she would get out of me, and she was right. But the die was cast that day - and she is still on the dark side 30 years later. At least I can respect that. She made a choice that day and stuck with that choice all these years.  What I despise with a passion even more than the Steelers are fans that turn their back on their home team just because they are going through a rough patch and align with the Stoolers just because they are not. Only thing worse is becoming a Michigan Man.

• Like 1